First ride of the year

Turbo Tim

Finally got out for a good rip today. A few comments/observations from today.....

1. A word of advice, as much as everyone is excited to get out, think twice about doing 438km on the first ride of the year...lol

2. We dropped in Havelock and road the the E 108 to Sharbot Lake then E114 to Harrowsmith, then the E up to Portland, spectacular trails, may I dare say, Cochrane like in terms of quality. Got a little choppy on the way back, but I will be going back there soon.

3. When you change the oil on your 1100 Turbo, remember to reconnect the charge tube, ask me how I know. Lying in the snow at 8am at -26 taking the hood off is not a lot of fun.

4. Saw a lot of sleds, and not one close call, no idiots out there today

5. Cops were out if full force

6. A lot of old iron out today....a lot.

Forgot one....

7. Eating lunch at -16 on your sled sucks

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2022 at 8:37 PM, Turbo Tim said:

Finally got out for a good rip today. A few comments/observations from today.....

1. A word of advice, as much as everyone is excited to get out, think twice about doing 438km on the first ride of the year...lol

2. We dropped in Havelock on road the the E 108 to Sharbot Lake then E114 to Harrowsmith, then the E up to Portland, spectacular trails, may I dare say, Cochrane like in terms of quality. Got a little choppy on the way back, but I will be going back there soon.

3. When you change the oil on your 1100 Turbo, remember to reconnect the charge tube, ask me how I know. Lying in the snow at 8am at -26 taking the hood off is not a lot of fun.

4. Saw a lot of sleds, and not one close call, no idiots out there today

5. Cops were out if full force

6. A lot of old iron out today....a lot.

Forgot one....

7. Eating lunch at -16 on your sled sucks

Dangerous for some.

I find that those first day rides - I end up with a sore neck from bobbing around all day with a helmet on..

• Like 2

First ride of the season for me yesterday,  was joined by some good company, it was nice to see @WinderFab and @FIRE242 again.  We launched out of the Port Perry club house and headed to Fenelon Falls.  Back down to Port Perry and over towards the Ganaraska forest.  230km, there were some thinner spots heading north but the clubs have done an amazing job with what they had.  Rail lines were in good shape.  There is a lot more snow heading east out of Port Perry though, at least double if not more.  Nice to finally give the arms a good turbo stretching :smil9:

83869865-3338-4F5D-96B5-C55A70CAC6FD.thumb.jpeg.0041bae9534004df82ae667010a182d5.jpegC67F42C0-27E2-4681-9E11-B27B7241DBB5.thumb.jpeg.e2988403d0d84caae0e23756d4eb8f6b.jpeg

• Like 5