Ski Doo Snow Pass

Turbo Doo

Some D7 clubs are. Nunz will likely chime in👍

• Like 1

Dubreuilville needs this. the d108a as we knew it, is a thing of the past. the club needs to make 60km of new trail, as the two roads the clubs have used in the past are no longer an option. both the Drey (Dree) rd, and the Simpson road, will be plowed, and connected to the new road, bridge across the big Kabi river, and used for truck traffic year round. those two roads are now forever off limits. the club has tried to get grants from the OFSC but, they have not been successful. even if health unit, and covid restrictions are relaxed, at this time, this side of "the big loop" now has approx 100 miles of a gap. 50 on Hornepayne's side, as now they have no reason to groom to the big Kabi, and the Dubreuilville end which is now defunct. 

the club relied on these roads, and paid the price many times, and would never get a permanent trail in place to avoid the road issues that were here yearly. now they are in dire straits.

also, the new mines now want a second road access for "emergency use" and the D, F connector to Dog lake, Missanabbi, and Hawk Junction, Wawa trail is in serious jeopardy as well. there are some re-routes, and twinning of the road to past the mines but, there is a lot of road crossing, and mixed truck, car traffic to deal with until you get past the mine sites.  

not trying to be a negative nelly, just posting the facts. some will not like what I have posted, or what I have to say. but, it is what it is. Ski

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Great Program!

A few years back, 50th anniversary I believe.  Ski doo ran a program called The Ski-Doo Million Dollar Club Support Program.  Club supporters were encouraged to take a downloadable certificate to their Ski-Doo dealership, BRP would donate $10 to their snowmobile club through the program. 

My past club managed to receive close to $1100 , out of a possible $1500 to be donated.

I would strongly encourage any clubs to get on with this program. 

I know of a couple clubs in Muskoka that have applied, One of them is my home club Snowcrest, it is a great grassroots program and as others have mentioned every club should be applying in some way. Worst case you get passed over best case it is a bonus for the club. From what I understand of the program it is a 50/50 program where BRP will match up to $2500 for what the club is trying to do. I know in our case we would be using the monies towards upgrading our Signboards throughout our trail system which is something we have talked about but decided to hold off for a year. Kudos to BRP for coming up with this. Anytime a OEM comes up with something like this it is only good for the sport. Thank you to @Steve F6's Wife MJ for helping me out with my application a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skidooboy said:

Dubreuilville needs this. the d108a as we knew it, is a thing of the past. the club needs to make 60km of new trail, as the two roads the clubs have used in the past are no longer an option. both the Drey (Dree) rd, and the Simpson road, will be plowed, and connected to the new road, bridge across the big Kabi river, and used for truck traffic year round. those two roads are now forever off limits. the club has tried to get grants from the OFSC but, they have not been successful. even if health unit, and covid restrictions are relaxed, at this time, this side of "the big loop" now has approx 100 miles of a gap. 50 on Hornepayne's side, as now they have no reason to groom to the big Kabi, and the Dubreuilville end which is now defunct. 

the club relied on these roads, and paid the price many times, and would never get a permanent trail in place to avoid the road issues that were here yearly. now they are in dire straits.

also, the new mines now want a second road access for "emergency use" and the D, F connector to Dog lake, Missanabbi, and Hawk Junction, Wawa trail is in serious jeopardy as well. there are some re-routes, and twinning of the road to past the mines but, there is a lot of road crossing, and mixed truck, car traffic to deal with until you get past the mine sites.  

not trying to be a negative nelly, just posting the facts. some will not like what I have posted, or what I have to say. but, it is what it is. Ski

Wow I had no idea it was such a mess up north with the trails and logging roads. Yikes

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, skidooboy said:

It is a big problem across whole province. We count on being able to use private land and existing forestry roads etc. I was glad I got to ride area with my dad several times over the years it was available. 
getting grant money is really hard. Even for the farm I hire consulating company to do my applications. They are successful about 50 percent of the time. They just take a portion of the grant funds if project is approved. Usually 10 to 20 percent, depending on project size. Free money if I can get it, Is way I see it. Must be firms out there willing to do something similar for ofsc and it’s clubs.