Trail 76 closed

VPET

Does anyone have insight why the inland 76 trail recently closed?  The lake portion is usually staked in February.  I hope that region is not following the same Covid closing actions that were imposed by Parry Sound/North Bay Health Unit.

1 hour ago, VPET said:

Does anyone have insight why the inland 76 trail recently closed?  The lake portion is usually staked in February.  I hope that region is not following the same Covid closing actions that were imposed by Parry Sound/North Bay Health Unit.

It appears all the trails in that area with bigger lakes as part of them are red.  

Trail has been opened for the last week and closed yesterday.  Maybe the bridge is out?  

Edited by VPET
incorrect info posted

I didn’t take it on Saturday but looked open , groomed and tracked up when I went by it. 
Like PLC said, it seemed all trails leading to lakes not staked were Red. 
Maybe it was in error and correction made until LOB is staked. 

Raven is :)

I think so, some nice cold temps lately and not much snow, I think will be okay soon. 
kushog had lots of tracks too.

lakes further south didn’t seem to have the same activity as usual with huts, tracks, etc....

39 minutes ago, stoney said:

Raven is :)

I think so, some nice cold temps lately and not much snow, I think will be okay soon. 
kushog had lots of tracks too.

lakes further south didn’t seem to have the same activity as usual with huts, tracks, etc....

There's tracks on Kennisis as well from last weekend, I will be checking it this weekend to see how close we are to staking it

• Like 2

Been across vernon and LOB last weekend.

Lots of previous and fresh tracks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, capster59 said:

Been across vernon and LOB last weekend.

Lots of previous and fresh tracks

Good to know.

Once the "stay at home" is lifted, I am heading up.

3 hours ago, stonehaven said:

There's tracks on Kennisis as well from last weekend, I will be checking it this weekend to see how close we are to staking it

I am sure Kawagama is the same than, these two are usually on par with one another.

I never rode on it or near it when up last.

9 minutes ago, sideshow bob said:

76 is closed because it is between two health units

Understandable and yet D101B isn't red to the left of 76 at the topin 2 spots + one further north. Different club??

Just saw this on ASC f/book page:

ASC Trail Report, January 28th, 2021.

We've had enquiries regarding some of our red trails. Under the OFSC "Flex Trail" initiative, we had to temporarily close 76. We hope to have it back to yellow soon. Areas north of us were forced by their Medical Officer of Health to close some trails due to complaints of some sledders not conforming to the current Covid-19 restrictions. Studies have shown that the recreational sport of snowmobiling is good physical exercise and good for one's mental health. We don't want to lose this. Please follow the restrictions and be respectful of each other.

We have been having some colder weather with a few more cold days in the forecast. Exactly what we need to get the rest of the lakes staked. We have had more snow, but we are still hitting rocks. The snow hanging in the trees on the trails is like being in a real-life magazine.