D trail at halfway

J Feces

Is Halfway Haven  open this winter? I see the D trail is open limited south of Wawa to what looks like where halfway is located. How is current snow conditions from Searchmont north? I know it’s still closed. I’ve heard they have been getting some snow tho....cheers. 

13 minutes ago, J Feces said:

Is Halfway Haven  open this winter? I see the D trail is open limited south of Wawa to what looks like where halfway is located. How is current snow conditions from Searchmont north? I know it’s still closed. I’ve heard they have been getting some snow tho....cheers. 

I follow Half Ways' Facebook page and today they posted that the Wawa groomer had made it to them. They stated that they expected the Chapleau groomer very soon and that the trail from Searchmount was still being worked on. That trail had a lot of trees and branches down from an ice/snow storm a couple of weeks ago. They also stated they were hoping for more snow.  I expect that the trail from Searchmount will go yellow or green within a week or so. If you have Facebook, following this type of businesses and the various clubs can provide lots of up to date information.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I follow Half Ways' Facebook page and today they posted that the Wawa groomer had made it to them. They stated that they expected the Chapleau groomer very soon and that the trail from Searchmount was still being worked on. That trail had a lot of trees and branches down from an ice/snow storm a couple of weeks ago. They also stated they were hoping for more snow.  I expect that the trail from Searchmount will go yellow or green within a week or so. If you have Facebook, following this type of businesses and the various clubs can provide lots of up to date information.

A big X2...:right_on:

• Like 1

The Soo Trailblazers said that they had 3000 klicks of trail all down with freezing rain, and was hoping for help clearing brush.

I don't know how it adds up that quick, but that's what they had on their FB page the other day.

I would think that a cpl sunny days would make a LOT of difference.

Wish I could run up and help.

81963388_2443160319146155_27726673683027

82364940_2440795392715981_60676206955824

81788310_2436697736459080_46588370198064

HELP IS NEEDED! Looking for any volunteers who can help with cutting and removal of trees and brush from our trail system. Volunteers are asked to meet up tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m. at the end of Connor Road (if you're later just head up trail). Bring your sled along with any saws and/or brush axes you may have. The plan is to work up the east trail along with trail over to Heyden. Note, we also have an Excavator working on the trail removing the larger trees. Any assistance would be much appreciated!!

Edited by Ox

Thanks for the info. I’m not a Facebook guy. Seems every year there is an area that gets hammered by ice. I’ve seen it many times in our area around LSP Whitney and Madawaska. 

16 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

And now this storm coming for the weekend looks to bring more ice, rain and snow. Seems we cant get a break this season.

No kidding, seems that it gets cleaned up then a warm up, then ice, then snow etc. Etc.  Not a good start but let's hope for that polar vortex to kick in soon and stay.

Sault to Halfway Haven

Snow has been accumulating in the Sault and area.  Attached is a photo taken tonight in my front yard.  

Unfortunately, its the downed trees and open water that are the concerns.

North of Elliot Lake is also reporting many downed trees.

Sault.jpg

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dan-Senior said:

Sault to Halfway Haven

Snow has been accumulating in the Sault and area.  Attached is a photo taken tonight in my front yard.  

Unfortunately, its the downed trees and open water that are the concerns.

North of Elliot Lake is also reporting many downed trees.

Sault.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pic

Love seeing the snow..