amos quebec and area dec 24 - 27- jan 1 - jan 4

slomo

1 hour ago, slomo said:

Here's a picture for you from sled trail level of the river crossing west of the Amosphere....be careful on the road if going that way. Hope the river freezes up - looked like open water from street view from the truck.

757280723_IMG_4263(Medium).JPG.e6ecb3a8bd81bbd33303556b154688f2.JPG

Trails a bit mash potatoey today, but snow depth is good. BTW - update your Imotoneige app - they have added trail conditions!

My new friend....if you have to ask about the price of gas, you should not be in snowmobiling!  ;-) Just pulling your leg.......1.18 per liter. Gas station right next to hotel, police station right next door to that. Enjoy your trip - plenty of interesting trails around here. Leaving early tomorrow.  Temps are supposed to drop to minus 8 daytime, minus 13 nighttime so trails should be nice and firm.

Thanks Slomo. Safe travels home..

2 hours ago, slomo said:

Here's a picture for you from sled trail level of the river crossing west of the Amosphere....be careful on the road if going that way. Hope the river freezes up - looked like open water from street view from the truck.

Trails a bit mash potatoey today, but snow depth is good. BTW - update your Imotoneige app - they have added trail conditions!

My new friend....if you have to ask about the price of gas, you should not be in snowmobiling!  ;-) Just pulling your leg.......1.18 per liter. Gas station right next to hotel, police station right next door to that. Enjoy your trip - plenty of interesting trails around here. Leaving early tomorrow.  Temps are supposed to drop to minus 8 daytime, minus 13 nighttime so trails should be nice and firm.

Lol fair enough, not to worried about gas prices was just curious more then anything, never been to Quebec. Should pull in around 8ish tonight. Thanks

12 hours ago, jjbffb said:

Lol fair enough, not to worried about gas prices was just curious more then anything, never been to Quebec. Should pull in around 8ish tonight. Thanks

BTW - Mike's Restaurant seems to be one of the most chosen delivery restaurants here as indicated by the pizza and other cartons in the  trash. The TV system is weird to figure out at first, but if you can get to "on demand" using the remote, choose 'Gem' and quite a few movies and TV series available for the evening. Binge watched the TV series derived from the movie "Das Boot" ...really good although tough to cheer for the Nazi subs as Dad and Uncle were on the Murmansk run WWII....and ms. slomo caught up on "Versailles" while i had other things to do. Happy trails!

• Thanks 1

From our adventure to Amos in '08

1191623103_018AmosphereMotel.thumb.JPG.9995f9e7d0b95cf44c9dc01bb9fc3c6e.JPG

DoodaDave is closest to room 142. We met him the night before when we were putting the sleds to bed. Small World Dep't: He had rented a house years before to friends of ours.

336340306_019WestofAmos.thumb.JPG.4be9d80769737baad474b9540d410de1.JPG

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 1:59 PM, slomo said:

Oh heck, I'd hit that without a doubt!

We stayed at the Rodeway In  too last week, but ours was in Gunnison, Col.

On 1/3/2020 at 1:59 PM, slomo said:

Our group was at that river crossing on Saturday it is closed for a reason ,snow fence across the trail on the other side of river . Lots of two up sleds up there just out for a cruise probably would not make it across. 

3 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

Looking  at the trail map,its  looking like Abitibi Temiscaming is shaping up..:drool2::icon_steer:...

4 guys from Bracebridge ran Temisk. to Val d'Or last Thur.-lots of neige/pas de probleme!

On 12/27/2019 at 7:05 PM, Lep said:

A105Q closed many moons ago....there was a camp about halfway that a local was thinking of opening and keeping the trail active but that fell by the wayside....was great yrs ago when u wanted to ride early and get out to northern QU.....if u know the area and have fuel some still use it.

Here's some interesting info. about the A105Q bridges from a post on Quebec Rider earlier this week:

We were in LaReine last winter and while the three of us were sitting at the end of town looking towards the west and an older fellow pulls, up on a skidoo. Start telling him about the runs I used to do years ago on the A105 into Cochrane and wanted to show my buddies. He says the trail is permanently closed AND that they ripped out those bridges out there. Said the only people that go out there now are boondockers some of which go down in those big ravines and up the other side. They can have it.  I have my memories.

On 1/8/2020 at 4:20 PM, TURBO DOO said:

Looks like more coming this weekend..8-):icon_steer:.....

Trail conditions on the Quebec map look very green for your upcoming ride TD

9 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

I see that PLC.  The waits killing me. I literally cannot wait. :right_on::drool-1::drool2::evil2::icon_steer:....

It'll be all good up there-it always is!