Jump to content
Muskoka_Mike

Cochrane March 22-25

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone

I booked a room for Cochrane for the weekend of March 22-25, but all my riding buddies bailed. I was supposed to go this weekend, but due to a family emergency, I had to bail, last minute. I want one last trip before I put the sled away for the season, so I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind me tagging along with them for some riding. I have a room booked at the West Way and can get up there anytime on Thursday. Let me know if anyone wouldn't mind me tagging along. 

 

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Muskoka_Mike said:

Hi Everyone

I booked a room for Cochrane for the weekend of March 22-25, but all my riding buddies bailed. I was supposed to go this weekend, but due to a family emergency, I had to bail, last minute. I want one last trip before I put the sled away for the season, so I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind me tagging along with them for some riding. I have a room booked at the West Way and can get up there anytime on Thursday. Let me know if anyone wouldn't mind me tagging along. 

 

Mike

I will be there next Friday night coming in from hearst. Doing big loop starting in Timmins on Tuesday going clockwise. Have to be back at truck in Timmins Saturday night though, well maybe.  Thinking of going to Iroquois falls then back to Timmins on saturday, or maybe stay one more day in Cochrane and do canyon loop on Saturday if westway still has a room left. Didn't book Saturday in Timmins yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are heading up Thursday and heading home Sunday, 4 of us staying at Thrift-lodge planning day rides, no saddle bagging. Mostly mature riders, although we run a good pace. you are welcome to join us if things don't work out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are in Kap now till the 26th?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sledjunk said:

We are in Kap now till the 26th?

Come to dub next Wednesday. 

Or hearst for a night on Thursday (senior rate is 102 a night at champanion. 

Edited by Viperules700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎16 at 12:58 PM, BoonerBP said:

We are heading up Thursday and heading home Sunday, 4 of us staying at Thrift-lodge planning day rides, no saddle bagging. Mostly mature riders, although we run a good pace. you are welcome to join us if things don't work out

I hope the offer still stands. I might need to join you guys as my plans might fall apart. I will keep you posted. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-03-16 at 1:57 PM, sledjunk said:

We are in Kap now till the 26th?

Sledjunk , how many is we ?? And where do you plan on riding Sat and Sun . Mrs Buoy and I are in Thunder Bay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Boy Oh Buoy said:

Sledjunk , how many is we ?? And where do you plan on riding Sat and Sun . Mrs Buoy and I are in Thunder Bay

Well that is the million dollar question.  My son will be here until Sunday, and I just heard Chandos_Rob is coming up tomorrow for a few days.  OF7 and Re_Leaf may show up, but I haven't got confirmation,  yet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in Cochrane right now with a buddy of mine .... doing the abitibi loop tomorrow 

 

cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in hearst made it 3/4 way around so we will be in kap area tomorrow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mrs and I may slip over to Kap on Saturday for the weekend. 

Where are you thinking of riding those days; we may bump into you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Boy Oh Buoy said:

The Mrs and I may slip over to Kap on Saturday for the weekend. 

Where are you thinking of riding those days; we may bump into you 

In cochrane  Friday night. Might do canyon on Saturday before heading back to truck in Timmins or head south iq falls then back to Timmins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boy Oh Buoy said:

The Mrs and I may slip over to Kap on Saturday for the weekend. 

Where are you thinking of riding those days; we may bump into you 

Just doing day loops.  At least two Vectors, one red, one black.  Chandos_Rob might be here as well, probably on a Skidoo of some flavour.  Maybe even OF7 on a silver Apex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoy you time up there, group! 

 

So many sunny days down here in GTA. Hope that sunshine prevails up there.

 

In the Ukrainian culture we have an expression - 'mnohaya lita' (many years). Sledjunk, for you its' 'mnohaya kilometres" Happy trails and rubber side down.

 

(if you're ever in Hearst and cast your eyes westward, consider and overnight trip to Longlac - top up at Carl's Gas Bar in Calstock (10 am opening fyi) , bring some extra fuel (see AC + YA summary) and enjoy). We stayed at Four Winds Motel. The only issue is it's an 'elevator' style hotel (and they don't have a sherpa for your gear).

 

Four Winds Hotel 100 Keewatin Ave, Longlac, 
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Canuck said:

Enjoy you time up there, group! 

 

So many sunny days down here in GTA. Hope that sunshine prevails up there.

 

In the Ukrainian culture we have an expression - 'mnohaya lita' (many years). Sledjunk, for you its' 'mnohaya kilometres" Happy trails and rubber side down.

 

(if you're ever in Hearst and cast your eyes westward, consider and overnight trip to Longlac - top up at Carl's Gas Bar in Calstock (10 am opening fyi) , bring some extra fuel (see AC + YA summary) and enjoy). We stayed at Four Winds Motel. The only issue is it's an 'elevator' style hotel (and they don't have a sherpa for your gear).

 

Four Winds Hotel 100 Keewatin Ave, Longlac, 

 

Carl must like sleeping in. When we stopped for gas several years ago, it was still closed @ 9:15 even though the sign said open @ 9 AM. A large fellow came along in a car. We told him what was up. He stormed over to a neighbouring mobile home & pounded on the wall. He came back to the pumps & said he'll be over to open up in a few minutes. 

 

Is the Four Winds the 'go to' lodgings in town? I know there are a few other places to stay @ but since not too many folks ride out that way, you don't hear much in the way of updates.

 

During our foray out to 'Greenstone', we stayed @ the Crown & Anchor in Geraldton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, revrnd said:

 

Carl must like sleeping in. When we stopped for gas several years ago, it was still closed @ 9:15 even though the sign said open @ 9 AM. A large fellow came along in a car. We told him what was up. He stormed over to a neighbouring mobile home & pounded on the wall. He came back to the pumps & said he'll be over to open up in a few minutes. 

 

Is the Four Winds the 'go to' lodgings in town? I know there are a few other places to stay @ but since not too many folks ride out that way, you don't hear much in the way of updates.

 

During our foray out to 'Greenstone', we stayed @ the Crown & Anchor in Geraldton.

There are a few motels in Longlac. 

There is a trail which crosses Hwy 11 and runs between 11 and Queens Street.  That is how you get to gas and the motels.  Woodlands Motor Inn and the L’oree des Bois and back on the south side you cut over to the Four Winds which I think may be a little nicer then the others that seem to serve mostly the transports. 

There is a place to eat and has a bar just behind the Four Winds and you just walk across the parking lot to it. 

 

There is a motel called Between the Bridges on the trail about halfway to Geraldton along Hwy 11 and it seemed to have its own restaurant. 

Call first. 

 

It it is actually Norm’s Gas Bar in Calstock. 

Hours are generally starting at 10:00am. 

825F335C-EF7A-4091-98F7-9C86CB85024A.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×