Anyone know what kind of ski's these are?

Bigfish

Digging around in "The Big Box-O-Parts" in the shop today, and came up with these.

I seem to remember buying them sometime ago, but I can't remember what kind they were.

Anyone know?20180106_135232.thumb.jpg.c9289fe6011256d7adb4eb23c35e4217.jpg

20180106_135215.jpg

I'd say Skidoo precision skis

I had arrow skis on my apex,they look the same only mine were black.

those are definitely precsion skis from doo. I actually made a pair from accy catalog in that color, for my srx, viper projects. I think those came off the legend  series sleds in the zx chassis. (blue/silver). Ski

49 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

those are definitely precsion skis from doo. I actually made a pair from accy catalog in that color, for my srx, viper projects. I think those came off the legend  series sleds in the zx chassis. (blue/silver). Ski

I would agree. 2002/03 ZX Legend.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes I believe they are Precision Skis. I've also seen a centre carbide that is available for them.

I want to try them on the RX-1, but I would prefer black ones. 

If anyone has a black set that they wish to trade or sell, let me know.

Also sure they are the Ski Doo knock off of the Simmons.....which from my understanding, Doo had to stop using them due to copy right infringements....

So an alternate would be the simmons ones.

I had a pair on a couple of my previous sleds, I liked them a lot.....but now I have the Curve skis on my current rider, and they are awesome.

saw those, too pricey for me!

I believe I paid $75 for the ones I have

24 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

saw those, too pricey for me!

I believe I paid $75 for the ones I have

Hard to beat that price!

My brother had the same Doo skis on his firechicken, and they worked well.....until the carbide wore out without notice! 

Ridiculously hard steering with those skis.  I hurried to put 6.9s on my 800 so I could put my 5.7s on her Rev. I tried them on my sled.... only good for off trail riding or a sleigh  IMHO.

I have black ones collecting dust under my toolbox..... 

2 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Ridiculously hard steering with those skis.  I hurried to put 6.9s on my 800 so I could put my 5.7s on her Rev. I tried them on my sled.... only good for off trail riding or a sleigh  IMHO.

I have black ones collecting dust under my toolbox..... 

Probably why there is a centre carbide you retrofit on them now.

I'll try them on the sled next week and see if they make a difference. I was looking for more "float" in deeper snow.

8 hours ago, Bigfish said:

I'll try them on the sled next week and see if they make a difference. I was looking for more "float" in deeper snow.

I DID find them better off-trail than the 5.7's, if this is what you're looking for then they'll be a good choice.  The concave profile gets you on top better than the 5.7 does.  

I've never ridden a sled with these skis that had the center carbide added, but did see lots of them with it.  I believe it was to eliminate darting that would occur from following another sled with the same skis, which were quite popular in the early and mid 2000's.  I can't speak as to whether the center carbide helped with steering effort though.

14 hours ago, Bigfish said:

5 hours ago, Denis007 said:

I DID find them better off-trail than the 5.7's, if this is what you're looking for then they'll be a good choice.  The concave profile gets you on top better than the 5.7 does.  

I've never ridden a sled with these skis that had the center carbide added, but did see lots of them with it.  I believe it was to eliminate darting that would occur from following another sled with the same skis, which were quite popular in the early and mid 2000's.  I can't speak as to whether the center carbide helped with steering effort though.

I believe the new versions of the Simmon's have made that change in the carbide placement....sounds like the 1st generations can now be modified to that though.

They are considered a good off trail ski - which I believe is/was there primary focus.

I personally never experienced any darting with the Simmon's.....but ski pressure will have a lot to do with that.

The do suck on the icy lakes though.

You would also normally install a bigger carbide on the inside of the ski and less on the outer side (I think is how they worked) 

I know people have complained of heavier steering with these, but I think that has a lot to do with the chassis they are installed on and how you set your sled up i.e front skid shock adjustment, limiter strap, etc... as to how bad they can be.

Good luck, you might like them!

6 hours ago, Denis007 said:

:banghead: :angry-smiley-005:

(I'll leave it @ that) LOL

Archived