Administrator - Please delete North Bay S. C. Club Page

bbakernbay

Brian, it would sure be nice if the posts could be left for future reference.

Last night I was reading some stuff you posted on OC and HCS many years ago....very helpful for the ride I did today!

Ride you did today???? Okay... details Blake, details.... you can't leave people hanging :D

Sorry about that. Playing with my videos from today.

Check other thread....

Leave it open (providing club is still operational and trails will be open and usual). Maybe we can read about trail conditions as people ride in the area this winter. I am sure someone will post something, hopefully positive stuff. 

40 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

That is fine, I will try and encourage my replacement to keep it going.

That would be great. Any chance you kept your snowmobile? 

No, it died on the trail late last season, over 25,000 Kms on my (wife's) Skidoo Touring E LT 380 and it was on NB300, just north of Highway 63.  We towed it back to Bent Toys and Paul gave me some $$ and that was the end.

My son and I had just stopped on the trail to see a sled that just burnt to the ground, amazing how little was left.  Mine blew 500 feet further north.

3 SkiDoos all met the same fate and the Toy Doctor looked after them every year and I never rode them hard.

We have moved to Kitchener so that is the end of snowmobiling for me.

Started back in 1970 with a big, heavy Nordic.

I still enjoy reading this forum, great people on here.

Brian

1 hour ago, bbakernbay said:

Brian

Brian, I hope you reconsider your position, once we get some trails open. You never know, you might experience a renewed interest in the sport, now that you're no longer shouldering all the club related responsibilities.

3 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

No, it died on the trail late last season, over 25,000 Kms on my (wife's) Skidoo Touring E LT 380 and it was on NB300, just north of Highway 63.  We towed it back to Bent Toys and Paul gave me some $$ and that was the end.

My son and I had just stopped on the trail to see a sled that just burnt to the ground, amazing how little was left.  Mine blew 500 feet further north.

3 SkiDoos all met the same fate and the Toy Doctor looked after them every year and I never rode them hard.

Started back in 1970 with a big, heavy Nordic.

I still enjoy reading this forum, great people on here.

Brian

I live just down the road from you in Baden. Our trails are fantastic if we get a decent amount of snow and cold. We have Lake Huron snowbelt close by usually starts right around New Hamburg. 

2 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

I live just down the road from you in Baden. Our trails are fantastic if we get a decent amount of snow and cold. We have Lake Huron snowbelt close by usually starts right around New Hamburg. 

One of my sons live in New Dundee and both grandkids play hockey at Wilmot Arena, one of the nicest community complexes I have ever been in.

Both grandkids go to school in Baden.

We should have a Tims Coffee sometime.

OC really is a community, isn't it.

• 4 weeks later...

If you want a good coffee stop in at Baden coffee right before Erbs and buy a cup. Family owned business and change flavours up ever week. It is on the same road Gingerich that runs in back way to the complex from foundry street. 

The complex is amazing piece of engineering. I played in old area down town new Hamburg when talk started floating around about a twin ice pad complex. 

I owe you a coffee sometime for your NB knowledge :) 

Archived