What is it worth?

shawnj

Any ball park value on a 2012 vector with close to 8000kms on it is worth? I dont know a lot about it but i know its not been abused because i have ridden with this guy a few times and he is a very sensible and cautious rider.

He is looking to sell it and he knew i was looking for a second sled possibly He hasnt said just yet what he was looking to get for it. Is just like an idea ahead of time what they are worth currently. Thanks for any info.

Use Kelly blue book guide. It is free and gives you an accurate ball park figure, based on year, model, condition and miles. Has retail and trade.

Ok thanks. Never heard of that. Is it web accessible?

Looking for yamaha but thanks.

Local Yamaha dealer has a 2010 Vector LTX with 5000 km for $6500 and a 2012 Vector LTX with 200 km (yes 200) for $8000.

DO NOT GO STRICTLY ON BOOK VALUES, be it nada, kelly blue book, dealerships "black book" ect... THEY ARE GUIDES ONLY. most are for the financial institutions, to over value units to get less than stellar credit people, financed.

at one time books were a good place to "start" baseing values... anymore, and they are just a joke. this goes for bikes, sleds, cars, rv's boats ect... best way is to familierize yourself with the model, look online for items for sale kijiji, craigslist, ebay ect... note the ones that sell, and the ones that dont. you will quickly understand who is over priced, and who is in the ball park.

I wish you good luck in your search, this is when you do not rush into a buy... toys are very different than autos, some "look" to be maintained well. others are wrecked and hidden, others have high mileage. there are truly just a few that do not have a "story" on why they are the way they are in sale condition.

what I can tell you is from experience, if you think in car terms it will help you but, you have to x10 on mileage for wear and tear ie: for every 1000 miles or kms, it is 10x that amount on wear, and tear and maintenance needed on a sled. 8000 kms or miles... think what an 80,000mile, km auto would be worth to you. sleds take a beating each year riding, the long storage with little to nothing done to them, is what hurts them further after the riding beating.

your results may vary, buyer beware. Ski

I agree with ski! Make sure oil was changed regularly on four stroke. Had a buddy blow up a used cat turbo four stroke a few years back. 7k for a new motor, after paying about 6k for the sled. Really hurts!

I found out what he is asking. He is asking 7000 for it with around 8500kms.  I do know the person and their driving style and know it would never of been abused.

As far a being maintained, oil changes etc, as far as I know at the moment its all been done regularly.   Hard to bring myself to spend that right now to only put in storage, 

unfortunately, other things the money could be used on this time of year, (bike upgrade possibly,) LOL  

Sounds like a good deal. Offer him abit less and see if he bites! Good luck!

Archived