Best Western cochrane?

gobills

Does anyone ever stay here? I just don't hear much about it. I called and they said you can get to the trails and it looks like there are some restaurants around there. Any info is appreciated thanks.

GO BILLS   Stayed at the B.W. Cochrane   a few times , short run off trail along roadside always enough snow .Locked area for sleds ,very clean , good beds , short walk to restaurants I suggest the Ice Hut . Our group will be staying there Wednesday .

We like the BW....more $ but well worth it. Walk to everything in town, trail is easy to get to, sauna, pool table, hot tub. Rooms are top notch. Continental breakfast, with lots of choices. With this being said, I am always with my wife. She usually gets a room that either looks out over the train station, or a room that looks over the lake at the back. 

just spent a week in cochrane

stayed at the westway

-42 on saturday when we left

cold all week 

walking to timmies was cold

ate at a place called kaylobs cafe

awesome breakfast and supper

just east on 

5th street east side of church

JR's is good

found the ice hut pricey for what you got

just my thoughts

We stayed at the BW Feb 11-15 2016. The rooms are clean and the staff is helpful and friendly. The lady at the front desk was boosting sleds with her Jeep. When went to the ice hut but at 830pm left and went to JR when they told us they were not serving anymore main courses. It was Valentine's day and they ran out of food. We also found the station restaurant across the road from the BW great home cooked meal at a very good price. Also when it's -52 try taking in a movie for $8.00. The food there is good and the theater has not changed in 45 years.

We ate at both the Ice Hut and JR's.  First night we tried the Ice Huts and at 7ish they told us they were not seating anymore guest.  We went to JR's and got a seat within 1/2 hr after having a beer at the bar.  JR's has great ribs...  Ice Hut the next night (Super Bowl) - we did not find it as nice as JR's and as stated above higher pricing for what you got...  

I've done most places in Cochrane over the years, including the BW a few years ago. it is ok to get to in Feb, but once the roads clear and are bare, it can be tough on the carbides. Just stayed at the Westway 2 weeks ago,it is a $5 cab ride to JR for ribs. Westway is a good location, great hosts. After you've carried your bags to your room at the BW compared to stepping into your room at the Westway, we will now use the Westway. Rooms are clean and fairly priced. Petro across the street has Premium fuel.Everyone in my group was very happy with the Westway hotel selection.

I've done most places in Cochrane over the years, including the BW a few years ago. it is ok to get to in Feb, but once the roads clear and are bare, it can be tough on the carbides. Just stayed at the Westway 2 weeks ago,it is a $5 cab ride to JR for ribs. Westway is a good location, great hosts. After you've carried your bags to your room at the BW compared to stepping into your room at the Westway, we will now use the Westway. Rooms are clean and fairly priced. Petro across the street has Premium fuel.Everyone in my group was very happy with the Westway hotel selection.

Agreed! Westway is our go to place. Brians great..

Archived