Sudbury ?????

BlakeBouch

Ok. Chateau guay and moonlight are all booked up for this weekend in Sudbury. Can you get to the trail from the comfort inn on the Kingsway. I notice it is down the street. Just wondering if anyone has ever done this?

The answer is no, not a chance but ......

if you stay at the comfort inn you can go straight up falconbridge rd to the STP building in garson and park there while riding. 10 mins away

post-22483-0-05615800-1455057285_thumb.jpeg

We are staying at "Northland Motel", and they are a trail map sponsor for "STP". I will write a review when I get home.

post-22483-0-45513400-1455062426_thumb.jpeg

We stopped by Windy Lake Motel today. The motel is located right on trail c111d, and the owners Ralph and Jessica are very nice people. The restaurant is open from 5:30am - 9:00pm daily and gas is available. $78 plus tax if you use one bed. Add $17 plus tax if you use 2 beds.post-22483-0-84052800-1455062843_thumb.jpeg

post-22483-0-68656000-1455062878_thumb.jpegpost-22483-0-57328400-1455062981_thumb.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

We are staying at "Northland Motel", and they are a trail map sponsor for "STP". I will write a review when I get home.

Northland

The Northland was one of the best party bars in the 80s and 90s in around Sudbury :D but it has since changed and no longer a bar about 15yrs or so.

I used to live 5 minutes away

My sister lives on Windy Lake about 8 minutes by sled from the that motel, great food every time I stopped by on sled

Info like this comes in very handy, particularly for an area like Sudbury where trail access accomodations are few. Thanks for posting! Was thinking of trying the Windy Lake motel at some point, the Northland would also be a viable option as well.

The owners of Windy Lake Motel are very nice and passionate about customer service and snowmobiling. I was driving by in my truck and stopped in to say hello. They have been a map sponsor for 20 plus years.

I will write a review about the Northland when I get home. I would stay here again mid season when the Moonlight and Chateau Guay are booked up. Access to the D trail could be challenging if the side street leading to the trail doesn't have snow cover (Errington Ave).

Yes I think chateau & moonlight are booked solid into following weekend after family day weekend. We had to book at the sportsman lodge last week and there was only 4 spots left...they are also booked solid I believe.

When are you going to the Sportsman? 5 of us are there from the 16-18

That's exactly when we're going. I have an all black viper, my buddy has an all black renegade. We are leaving early Tuesday morning. Hoping to be there around noon. Do the wolf loop before dinner and check-in. Doing moose loop Wednesday and then just riding around for the day on Thursday after checkout.

Right on! See yas there!

Going to Sudbury from the 17-19 and staying at the Valley Inn has anyone stayed there?

Going to Sudbury from the 17-19 and staying at the Valley Inn has anyone stayed there?

Nothing special

Though it is right on the main trail and there is a Tim Hortons right next door

^^ I agree. It doesn't look great but it is right on the trail next to Tim's.

Thanks guys

I will offer a bit of advise to ANYBODY looking to ride in Sudbury for the next while !!

The secret is out about the great trils here and good luck trying to find ANYTHING trail side !! 

Archived