D9 conditions

coolbane

Just wondering if anyone has been out on trails between Markdale and Durham in the last day or so? Any info on trail conditions would be appreciated. I have the impression that most of the recent snow fell a little further south!!

Thanks.

The trails are firming up nicely,,water holes are getting better. I think you will find most of northern D9 open Limited by Friday. There is water hazards to be wary of but they are visibile ( look for the sunken sled with windshield showing LOL) We could almost use more snow as most groomed trail is now rock solid

live in durham rode from durham to markdale need more snow mudholes are freezing need more snow people are not staying on marked trail which is likely going to cause permissions to be revoked

live in durham rode from durham to markdale need more snow mudholes are freezing need more snow people are not staying on marked trail which is likely going to cause permissions

to be revoked

How much snow do you guys have. The recent snow was very fluffy, so it packs paper thin and doesn't hold up to traffic.

well hopfully with the cold nights we have been getting the water will freeze up soon.

i just put over a grand into my sled and am not about to tear it up on trails that are not ready. yellow can mean a lot of different conditions?

I did notice that some creeks were still running when I was around Palmerston yesterday. The ditches were drifted over on both sides and only revealing about a 6" gap. Could see it flowing underneath.

live in durham rode from durham to markdale need more snow mudholes are freezing need more snow people are not staying on marked trail which is likely going to cause permissions to be revoked

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like this area is still a little short of snow, how much is on the ground?

Different area, but I was also wondering if the Granny/Lavender trails near Shelburne  are also light on base? Anyone ridden them??

well hopfully with the cold nights we have been getting the water will freeze up soon.

i just put over a grand into my sled and am not

about to tear it up on trails that are not ready.

yellow can mean a lot of different conditions?

A grand. Carbides and sliders are expense these days!

A grand. Carbides and sliders are expense these days!

i had a little more done than runners and carbides, had the complete skid rebuilt with all new everything.

idlers had the bearings coming apart so all the wheels were changed, had a once over with a full service

report from landowner of sledders tresspassing on his property and refusing to take helmets off when confronted by landowner,seems to be a sense of entitlement on part of sledders,seems to be little respect or appreciation of landowner by a few,

Tell him to take a picture of their sled and licence plate (if they bothered to license them) when he is confronting them....  I suspect those people don't bother getting trail passes either...

Man not again. We need higher trespassing fines. A picture of sled and license plate should be good enough to lay a charge. If the fine was 1500 dollars this would slow down. Max trespassing charge on private land is currently at 500. OFA was denied an increase by Ontario government.

Typical DUMB ASS government.  I guess that explains why we have so many DUMB ASS people in our Country anymore.  No respect for peoples property.  Than to have no respect for the person who owns it.  Take pictures for sure.  Worse case scenario post the pics on facebook, OC, every freakin website you can think of.  Guarantee someone will know the idiots.

Always happens early in the season so by the time the trails are good, we have all of these re routes to go down, ie roads.

Always happens early in the season so by the time the trails are good, we have all of these re routes to go down, ie roads.

No kidding.  That's what really sucks.  Well, besides all the work all the clubs have done prior to the season getting these trails from landowners.  Geez I get soooooooooo mad.

Hey Viperules700 we are going to D9 this Sunday to Wednesday hoping to hit some of those open trails.  Weather looks to be in our favour so far.

rode durham trail to hometead trails were in good shape,groomed hard,water holes on loop were froze up,groomer could use more snow to work with,but he has done excellent job with what he had to work with,south grey has really came to table this year 

ride arctic cat zr8000 and zr 6000 and have not had to use scratchers yet,some slider lube, as long as masses dont blow snow off trail,should be good for weekend

ride arctic cat zr8000 and zr 6000 and have not had to use scratchers yet,some slider lube, as long as masses dont blow snow off trail,should be good for weekend

We rode 130 miles today from Conestoga out to Brussels Teeswater and Palmerston. Trails were mostly very good. 8/10

Holy crap that's amazing.  Just remember you meant to say don't go that way though!!!  Right?

Archived