RAP Tour

AdamGamble

Our group of four planning 5 days RAP loop trip in middle of February hopefully waiting for snow :rolleyes:

total%2B955km%2Bmap.png

Our group of four planning 5 days RAP loop trip in middle of February hopefully waiting for snow :rolleyes:

total%2B955km%2Bmap.png

I wouldn't go down Top D near powassan. It is 17 Km's of paved shoulder riding. If it is mild will be brutle. Take ssr700 from c101od! You can thank me later.

But it's a very fast stretch of TOP D for making good time, if there's snow on the road.

Welcome to the forum, andreyboater, and good luck on your trip. I like the map with the information you added to it.

But it's a very fast stretch of TOP D for making good time, if there's snow on the road.

If there is snow! Normal winter would be fine for sure.

Thank's  Guys. We start from my cottage on Big Whitefish lake right from Seguin marina and follow to North Bay. Last year we did a 3 day 650km trip on  Muskoka: Parry Sound - Huntsville - Haliburton - Bracebridge that was a nice adventure. This year we decide to take 5 day RAP trip, I prepared a route and booked  accommodations already, so just waiting for snow.  I have 20 pages of RAP route step by step including gas, lunch and hotels. If anybody wants them you are more then welcome I can email.

Looks good Andreyboater. If you have time after you leave Mattawa going east on the A, try taking 197 and 195. These trails are just too good to miss out on.

We do almost the exact same trip... Start on horseshoe lake... Gas and lunch in sunridge... North bay clarion 1st night. We go all the way to Pembroke the 2nd day tho.. 3rd day ride to haliburton and stay in the pinestone resort(great resturant and place to stay) would recommend it to anyone. Especially wing night lol.

• 1 month later...

Our tour is still planned for feb7-11. Just need that section through the park to light up.

Night 1 Horseshoe Lake

Night 2 Valois-278km

Night 3 Pembroke best Western-229km

Night 4 little hawk lake resort- 265km

Back to Horseshoe- 175km

Never stayed at little hawk lake before... If anyone has any other recommendations or comments they would be welcome.

Our tour is still planned for feb7-11. Just need that section through the park to light up.

Night 1 Horseshoe Lake

Night 2 Valois-278km

Back to Horseshoe- 175km

Never stayed at little hawk lake before... If anyone has any other recommendations or comments they would be welcome.

it's a nice place. Good restaurant. Right on the trail and some awesome lake running. Lakes should be really good to go by then which can save a lot of time. Shouldn't be too hard to sleep in and make it to your hotelsite before dark. Ride can be done easily in 3 days.

it's a nice place. Good restaurant. Right on the trail and some awesome lake running. Lakes should be really good to go by then which can save a lot of time. Shouldn't be too hard to sleep in and make it to your hotelsite before dark. Ride can be done easily in 3 days.

Sure it can be done 933 kms in 3 days but why rush... More time to eat lunch and more time to sleep in after a few pops at the hotels lol. It's really a 3 night bag trip as the first night we watch the Super Bowl and don't ride anywhere lol

Night 1 Horseshoe Lake

Night 2 Valois-278km

Back to Horseshoe- 175km

Hi Adam nice plan, look's like you will heated up trail for us we are going 15th of February, hopefully you will not melted it completely :)

and for sure no reason to make 5 days trip in 3 days better to enjoy as long as possible. Have a good trip and stay safe. Andrey.

Anyone know if I can run St Nora Lake? I wanna run from the service trail at the North end all the way to where the B crosses.

Anyone know if I can run St Nora Lake? I wanna run from the service trail at the North end all the way to where the B crosses.

what service trail?

It's frozen so you can run it and guys were on the weekend. Lakes are not safe right now

what service trail?

It's frozen so you can run it and guys were on the weekend. Lakes are not safe right now

If you look on the map, there's a service trail at the north end of the lake that takes you to the 64. It's not called anything else, just service trail.

If you look on the map, there's a service trail at the north end of the lake that takes you to the 64. It's not called anything else, just service trail.

I know it lol. There is also the portage to Sherborne. I personally wouldn't recommend running the lakes unless it gets cold again. They were sketchy last weekend. Perhaps the slush has frozen. Still got to bs some nasty spots in places. You won't be the only sled out there but there weren't many out even last weekend. If I was riding the lakes I'd want to be very sure my sled was going to get me across..

Yeah, I am not doing the Tour until mid February.

I am hoping to do the RAP tour February 16th.  I am starting at Kinmount, staying in Deep River, South RIver and back to Kinmount. 

Do you guys think the trails will be open?

do you have a crystal ball? I dont

Oh.

I predict YES but you'll have to keep checking

I predict YES but you'll have to keep checking

X2, for the sake of the tourism operators and all of us that are planning trips it would a god send if we could have a decent February....

Archived