Trail marking

Was up threw the area on the weekend and noticed the orange markers popping up in the farmer fields in this area and Clifford and Mildmay areas too.

Always nice to ride these areas in the winter,,keep up the good marking peeps!

"Bucket List" destination. Enjoy field riding - so different than the twisty trails in the Canadian shield where I normally ride. Thx for the update!

Was up threw the area on the weekend and noticed the orange markers popping up in the farmer fields in this area and Clifford and Mildmay areas too.

Always nice to ride these areas in the winter,,keep up the good marking peeps!

Nice crop eh?

"Bucket List" destination. Enjoy field riding - so different than the twisty trails in the Canadian shield where I normally ride. Thx for the update!

Like This

the fields are awesome to run, make a lot of ground in a day

Nice crop eh?

BIL in Blyth  told me on Wednesday there was a guy using a haybine on a cover crop . Taking a cheap feed crop off in December. That's gotta be a first.

Not a great indicator for our sport.

BIL in Blyth  told me on Wednesday there was a guy using a haybine on a cover crop . Taking a cheap feed crop off in December. That's gotta be a first.

I didn't see it myself but I am considering cutting my grass!

I didn't see it myself but I am considering cutting my grass!

Y'ah, I raked some leaves today for the second time. The grass is growing a bit and the dandelions appear to be thriving. Lots of motorcycles out around here this afternoon. I finished staking the last field this morning. The guy just finished plowing it and the dirt was so dry it just crumbled when walking on it. No muddy boots to worry about anyway.

BIL in Blyth told me on Wednesday there was a guy using a haybine on a cover crop . Taking a cheap feed crop off in December. That's gotta be a first.

Farmers are trying different things to reduce there input costs for beef and dairy. Good news is more farmers are going to a no till system in an effort to prevent soil erosion, save fuel and wear and tear on equipment. Which means less ploughed ground for us sledders!

Ahh it's all perspective man, we finished up the plowing last year on Christmas Eve. Tried to get it done it November but it was a pretty wicked one last year and the ground was frozen till the middle of Dec...Positive thoughts, it'll turn around. 

X2  IIRC we had a green Christmas in D9 last year 

Archived