Where to do late season trip

oldslowsledder

Guys/Gals

Need your advice here. Three of us are hoping to do a late season trip this thursday, will trailer north from Parry Sound only as far as we have to.

I usually ride from the house so have no experience in the northern routes and would appreciate any suggestions as to where to start, go, finish and what most places charge?

Thanks in advance.

How far north are you looking to go and for how long?

I was thinking of doing a trip to Kirkland Lake in the first week of April but after the ride this weekend in the Bancroft area, I would recommend that you can look there as a start. These were some of the best conditions we've ridden this year.

Hope this helps

Were hoping to start somewhere north of Sudbury depending on snow conditions.

If you trailered to Rocky's just North of Sudbury, you can leave from there. They allow you to leave your truck and trailer there, no problems! You can make your way to Gowganda, Cochrane or Timmins then back to Rocky's from there. The trails are in great shape you won't regret it! Depending on how many days you wanted to go for you can add days to this ride very easily. GLC (Gowganda Lake Camps) would be a good first night stop especially if you're trailering the same day!

Evil

Who or what is Rocky's and how would I contact them?

Just North of Capreol.

Who or what is Rocky's and how would I contact them?

Just North of Capreol.

Try this link.

http://www.rockysonthelake.com/content/events.html

New Liskeard up looks really good!

Temiscaming (40 min drive from North bay) is great all the way up through Rouyn, LaSarre etc.

Conditions are about the best it gets in my opinion.

Just got back!

Show up at "Rocky's"....

and say

"Evil sent me here". Do you have a room?

:lol:

Wear a hockey mask (from "Halloween") .. for added effect.

Show up at "Rocky's"....

and say

"Evil sent me here". Do you have a room?

:lol:

Wear a hockey mask (from "Halloween") .. for added effect.

No need to say I sent you, they'll probably look at you like :crazy:

Thanks for the advice, looks like it will be just the son and I as his buddy has backed out.

Still not sure where we are heading, can't make our minds up whether to start close to Sudbury or head further north. Son was in Hanmer Saturday and didn't think the trails looked very good from what he could see from the road.

Thanks for the tip. Hwy 400 north works for us.

As for "Evil approved" - works for me.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the advice, looks like it will be just the son and I as his buddy has backed out.

Still not sure where we are heading, can't make our minds up whether to start close to Sudbury or head further north. Son was in Hanmer Saturday and didn't think the trails looked very good from what he could see from the road.

Don't go by what you can see by the road. If you trailer to Rocky's which is right on Wanupatie it's the middle of winter there. The road crossings near town are brutal, but you can't compare to the trails leaving Rocky's. Was there Friday for a ride to Shining Tree, the best conditions ever. No bare spots at all!

Rocky's is only 15-20 min North of Hanmer. You'll be pleasantly surprised!

Evil

Thanks for the tip. Hwy 400 north works for us.

As for "Evil approved" - works for me.

Thanks again.

LOL-----------They may not know who Evil is!! :wtf:

Thanks for all the advice, have decided to head to Gowganda Lake Camp, can't wait.

Any suggestions for day tripping?

Thanks for all the advice, have decided to head to Gowganda Lake Camp, can't wait.

Lot's of snow.. We picked up 6-8 " over the last two days... I was out grooming the C106A up by matachewan last night in a blizzard. The local radio station kept saying a chance of flurries but I couldn't see 5 feet in front of me. Perfect last weekend.. Looks like warm weather starting sunday.

Have a safe trip up

See you tomorrow.

Ron

Run to three bears and shining tree and back is fun . You can also run to Elk Lake and Matachewan. Trails are wide and fast and the miles add up quickly. The L136 was great the last time I was there...scenic.

If you have never been there your in for a treat!

Have a great trip and take lots of pics!!

Drive safely.

:woot::woot:

Have a great trip and take lots of pics!!

Drive safely.

:woot::woot:

Don't forget the camera! Ron and Giselle are great people, you'll have a great stay at GLC!

Enoy the trails! The trail to Shining Tree would be a great ride for a day trip. Or you can go farther to Minawaki (spelling?) Lodge for lunch, I think it's roughly 30 Miles further, head towards Gogama!

Evil

Had a great time at Gowganda Lake Camp, Ron and Giselle are super people. The cabin was absolutely spottless, the store well stocked and gas very reasonable. Would absolutely recommend them to anyone!

Managed two great loops before unexpected mechanical problems shut us down. Broke or hearts to leave early but we'll be back!

Had a great time at Gowganda Lake Camp, Ron and Giselle are super people. The cabin was absolutely spottless, the store well stocked and gas very reasonable. Would absolutely recommend them to anyone!

Managed two great loops before unexpected mechanical problems shut us down. Broke or hearts to leave early but we'll be back!

Thanks O.s.s

It was our pleasure having you and your son stay here . Not trying to put salt on the wound but that afternoon you left was just gorgeous. No wind and the sun was super warm. You wouldn't believe it but we are getting pounded with snow today. At least a foot so far. Mother natures april fools joke on us I guess. :poke:

Ron

Archived