Rogers Extended Coverage Now Available

Domino

For those with Rogers Wireless:

Rogers has launched extended coverage providing Rogers Wireless Customers with 3G service anywhere that Bell and Telus have coverage.  As sledders this is important since coverage in Gaspe and Northern Ontario was limited to say the least.

The Striped areas on the map is the new coverage.

post-19700-0-63085700-1426254858_thumb.j

That is good news!  It is about time that we don't have to carry 2 cell phones, just for coverage.

Extended coverage is across Canada.  I didn't think that was relevant for Ontario Sledders :0

Now if we can get T-Bay Tel to get their heads out of their arses ... they bumped Bell off of their system and switched to whatever crap Rogers is using, so all our bell phones are useless West of Hearst.  Stupid Rogers, they'll never see another dime from me .... lying crooks ................

I used to have Rogers. If I was in the house and tried to get a signal I would have to stand next to the livingroom windows and try a couple of places to get any reception. I got rid of them and have Telus. Never had a problem yet. Made some changes to my account recently with Rogers for some of the other things I have. Quoted a price and got an email confirmation. Did this in Feb. Got the bill in the mail and it is just shy of $10 more. Called them up and the guy on the other end says that reflects the price increase that took effect Jan 24. He didn't care that the price quoted was made 3 weeks after that.

Got a manager who fixed things but shouldn't have had to.

Where did I indicate that this was a Rogers bitching thread? :nana:

Lol, lineup starts here ....

At Silversands today, got a text from Rogers saying I was using the extended roaming.  Hope it works up north too!  Great stuff!

At Silversands today, got a text from Rogers saying I was using the extended roaming.  Hope it works up north too!  Great stuff!

Did they also tell you it's only $5 / minute? Any idea what they are charging for it?

Did they also tell you it's only $5 / minute? Any idea what they are charging for it?

It is free!

It is free!

Wow! That's great, but so unlike Rogers. If I could get cell phone reception from Rogers at home I probably would be using them.

Archived