Canarvon to Whitney

bozskagg

Going from Canarvon to Whitney through Algonquin this weekend. 

Planning on stopping at Sir Sams at some point. 

Any advice, tips or points of interest anyone wants to share?

Is the gas station operational in Whitney?

Going from Canarvon to Whitney through Algonquin this weekend.

Planning on stopping at Sir Sams at some point.

Any advice, tips or points of interest anyone wants to share?

Is the gas station operational in Whitney?

Gas station is usually open until 6 monday - saturday. Only open until 3 on Sunday.

Gas station is usually open until 6 monday - saturday. Only open until 3 on Sunday.

Good to know. Thx mgooding9,

Good to know. Thx mgooding9,

No problem, its a great ride.  Can be a little rough from Hali to Eagle Lake, but after that it is usually awesome.  Took my brother and I about 2 hours from Hali I think.  We may have been going a little faster than the usual.

Its a hydro corridor. There are a couple of routes to get to the Hydro cut. You can run the B from Carnarvon through Haliburton/Eagle Lake all the way up to Whitney or you can run the B up to Hawk Lake and run up the lakes and go through Haliburton Forest to the B and up to Whitney. Both routes are well used. Lakes are all staked. Personal preference is to run the lakes and go through Haliburton Forest. You can get fuel at Hali Forest if needed.

Totally agree take the lakes.    Its fun compared to the B which is usually beat up!!!  If you get gas in Carnarvon you should have more than enough to get to Whitney.  Once you get toWhitney Spectacle lake is only about 30mins from there for some great lunch depending on how long of a day you are looking for.

was on the trail from the hydro line to Haliburton yesterday. It was great as was the trail thru Haliburton lake. The portion of the hydro line we did was superb too!

We got quite a bit of snow in the past week and it's done wonders for the conditions. I ran from Carnarvon north on the B monday and there was a lot more snow on the trail than the week before. All the HCSA trails should be good this weekend.

How has Canarvon been for gas this winter? They had gas the Sat' of the Kushog vintage sled show, but can be hit or miss.

X3 on taking the lakes from Big Hawk over to Kennisis. The road running south of the powerline & in the Eagle Lake area sucks.

I haven't heard of any fuel supply problems this year at the Carnarvon station.

How has Canarvon been for gas this winter? They had gas the Sat' of the Kushog vintage sled show, but can be hit or miss.

X3 on taking the lakes from Big Hawk over to Kennisis. The road running south of the powerline & in the Eagle Lake area sucks.

Did the road running on Monday, not that bad, They have a trail in the ditch for most of it!

The trail going to eagle lake has improved a lot this year there is a nice trail in the ditch very little I road to run now. Also the gas has been great this year. I was there 2 weeks ago and there was 42 sleds on Saturday.

Archived