Video added from riding NB and area Feb.9th to 11th Mr. Baker

extreme600

As of Feb.15th I have just added this little video to my post.  The trails were just that good in North Bay.  Many more videos which I will post next weekend when I have more time.  This is just to give you an idea how nice it is there EVERY time we are there.  GREAT JOB NBSC and area clubs.  Thanks

Hey there folks.  I see no posts under this area and thought I would wake everyone up here.  We are booked in at The Dinner Bell for a couple nights and would like to know how the trails are after this weekend seeing as the Quebec free weekend was on.  I figure the trails in this are might be well used.  Can someone chime in please.  We will get there around 2:00pm Monday (tomorrow).  Any input would be appreciated.  I know last week they were awesome!!! 

P.S.  Brian I still owe you a butter tart or date square from the Dinner Bell.  I imagine the last one is really stale by now.  LOL  Hopefully we can meet up with you one of those days.  Let us know.  Dee & Terry  (NO NEED FOR THE MOUSE TO RESPOND!!)

Have fun!  Trails were awesome when we went through there Friday.

Hey there folks.  I see no posts under this area and thought I would wake everyone up here.  We are booked in at The Dinner Bell for a couple nights and would like to know how the trails are after this weekend seeing as the Quebec free weekend was on.  I figure the trails in this are might be well used.  Can someone chime in please.  We will get there around 2:00pm Monday (tomorrow).  Any input would be appreciated.  I know last week they were awesome!!! 

P.S.  Brian I still owe you a butter tart or date square from the Dinner Bell.  I imagine the last one is really stale by now.  LOL  Hopefully we can meet up with you one of those days.  Let us know.  Dee & Terry  (NO NEED FOR THE MOUSE TO RESPOND!!)

Well then, I won't.

I talked to 3 big groups at The Portage and everyone was very pleased with NBSC - Bonfield and Mattawa trails as well as D south.

Sunday is supposed to be a high of -21C so that will cut down traffic.

The only issue is that all the snow has been very dry and very difficult to pack but the base is better now but heavy or aggressive traffic can tear things up quick.

Check our Live SPOT groomer tracks at www.nbsc.ca/trails and hit SPOT link.

We are not big weekend groomers for various reasons.

Brian - NBSC

Dee and Terry, I was heading down a Trout Lake for a noon lunch at Dinner Bell and a date square feed but blew a belt on my old SkiDoo just before I got to pipeline.

I changed it okay but being alone I filled up the Trail Map box and retreated to The Portage for lunch and then back on trailer until such time I can pickup a backup belt.

See my Facebook report today.

I think I better quit solo runs which ai have only done about 6 times with following results

- blown engine on NB308

- overheated or seized engine a month ago on AD but no damage

- blown belt on A102Q on a very cold day

- blown belt on atrout Trout Lake today

Not a good ratio.

Dee and Terry, I was heading down a Trout Lake for a noon lunch at Dinner Bell and a date square feed but blew a belt on my old SkiDoo just before I got to pipeline.

I changed it okay but being alone I filled up the Trail Map box and retreated to The Portage for lunch and then back on trailer until such time I can pickup a backup belt.

See my Facebook report today.

I think I better quit solo runs which ai have only done about 6 times with following results

- blown engine on NB308

- overheated or seized engine a month ago on AD but no damage

- blown belt on A102Q on a very cold day

- blown belt on atrout Trout Lake today

Not a good ratio.

Maybe your sled is trying to tell you something!

NBSC Needs Volunteers

.The Club's Board of Directors met yesterday afternoon for over 2 hours to discuss a lengthy list of items that are crucial to the Club's ongoing success. It is clear that we need to attract more Volunteers to assist in various aspects of the Club operations as the small number we currently have will be 'burned out' and the Club and our 225 Kms of NBSC trails will suffer.

Firstly, we are strong financially, equipment-wise and with excellent infrastructure such as bridges, Roy Drive dome and H.Q. and blessed with many gracious Landowners.

Several initiatives are planned to reduce the workload on our existing Volunteers, improve the trails and encourage more Snowmobilers to do some small part in helping the Club.

We will soon be scheduling a trail Work Party every second week, one being a Friday afternoon and another a Sunday afternoon. The first project will be brushing of A112A between A2 and NB300. We are looking for Volunteers to assist for a few hours or whenever they can come out once the schedule is posted.

We are organizing a Trail Boss position assisted by Trail Captains and Assistants. The Trail Captains and Assistants will take ownership of a section of trail noting deficiencies such as signing, brushing and potential hazards that they themselves will look after or assign to a Work Party through our Trail Boss. If you have an interest in this please contact the Club.

We have an ongoing need for Groomer Operators who are experienced in heavy equipment with tracks and hydraulics. Shifts are normally 6 - 8 hours, hopefully a minimum of twice a week. Our need is greatest in the Conewango area.

We need a Trail Permit Coordinator for next season. Although 75% of Trail Permits are now sold online, we still have to look after our 6 local sellers and ensure all Permits are properly reconciled.

NBSC is one of the best recognized and applauded Clubs in the OFSC and we need to bring in some new blood to continue to improve and take some load off the few who are presently doing the lion's share of the work, including a 75 and 85 year old veterans.

Please consider getting involved, even if it is a few hours a month. Simple things like keeping the Trail Map boxes full for the hundreds of touring sledders is not always getting done and you can do a small part and feel good about contributing.

Shoot us an email at info@nbsc.ca and let us know how you might be able to help out. We are committed to trying to make your involvement productive and fun.

OH snap.  I just added a video to my original post.  It is from the Feb.2nd ride we had there.  Later I will post our rides from Feb.10th and 11th once I have more time next weekend.  My puter is getting tired.  LOL

Great video D. I'll have to get you to show me how to edit all my stuff some day.

Great to see you guys in action, Extreme600.

Archived