Bonfield (Feb 6-8)

Canuck

We're staying in Bonfield Feb 6-8 and one of the things I'm considering on Friday is a loop - Bonfield up to A112A towards Mattawa and then back via A. 

Some riders in our group want 'manageable days' (civilized lunch, etc.) and I don't want to discourage them by planning a "bumpy" ride in this cold weather.

Can anyone up there advise if these trails have been recently groomed or "groomer down" issues?

BBaker - thanks for the ride input you provided years ago. I still have it and we'll do the loops mentioned. Please join us if you're in the area. Always a "dessert" with your name on it.

I recall that it's Quebec free ride. Wonder if there's a way of heading over, looping back? Will look into that later.  

My buddy Mattawa Matt has been busy grooming for Mattawa. You wont be disapointed....

Have fun Canuck!

Thanks for the info, group.

Wonder what's on the other side of A102Q ...Temiscaming.

With  - 21  degree starts to the day,  not sure if the group will venture up there, but who knows. Last time it was - 31 in Bonfield we actually waited a couple of hours to start the day. City boys....

You are going to enjoy it.  The conditions are great right now.  -21 is beauty temps for sledding.  Tell the boys not to be a wimp!! 

We r in North bay tonight and planning on hitting dinner bell by 1130ish then the Valois by 5 latest.. Shoot me a text if u wanna meet up tomorrow !!

I'll leave half of one for you and the other hall for Exteme 600's better half.. Lol

I'll leave half of one for you and the other hall for Exteme 600's better half.. Lol

That is soooooooooooo nice of you Nunz. But really, the BETTER HALF!!!

You are right though he is the better half.

NBSC Groomer on the way to Mica Mine and back today on A112A.

Somebody ran into our Redbridge Groomer this morning on a tight section of NB300.

Dusted himself on and took off with 4 others.

NBSC grooms during daylight so be careful.

North Groomer does daylight and night runs.

Glad all are okay. 

Rode A112A the other day from Mattawa to the NB308 split then back and the trail was fantastic!

The A from Mattawa to the Brent Rd. in Deux Rivieres was really bumpy. Hope they get that groomed soon!

Someone stopped and thanked our NBSC Groomer Operator and gave him a Tim Hortons Gift Card.

He reported seeing 60 sleds today.

That is awesome!!!  I did that to a groomer operator last year.  They deserve anything GOOD they get from us sledders!!!

Edit was made to fix my error as per sledjunk!!   LOL Thanks buddy.

That is awesome!!!  I did that to a groomer operator last year.  They deserve anything they get from us sledders!!!

Anything positive, that is!

I am sure the operator that we met today on D just before Astorville would not have been impressed with the group of azzhats riding ahead of us.  Just after passing the groomer, they proceeded to ride on the fresh groomed ribbon and tear it to shreds by digging long trenches by showing how powerful their sleds were.  The trail looked like it hadn't been groomed in weeks rather than seconds!! :argh: :argh:

Thanks for the treat, Sledjunk and Nunz. Really enjoying our stay @ Dinner Bell. Loop tomorrow-up via Mica mine to Mattawa and back via "A". So full that I might just have a date square and coffee in a.m. :)

Trails are mint,BBaker. Thanks again for introducing us to this area.

If you head on over to Mattawa make sure to stop in at Myrts for the best Panzo ever. Have great trip......

Archived