Ice caves off AL301

b-bry

Has anyone been to the ice caves east of Kearney this year?  We're planning a ride for this coming week.  Judging by what we see along the highways, I would hope that the ice caves there are worth the ride.

Comments?

I stopped off at the ice caves last weekend while I was up in the area, they have come a long nicely this year.  It was worth the ride to check it out for us! 

There is signs on the trail , go to end of trail onto lake and stay left cant miss them ,Google Kearney ice caves and you will vids , My bud just put pics of cave on his FB page there looking good this year

Saw them Saturday, pretty decent bit it's 12km in and out for a total of 24km according to the sign. 

Stopped in for the first time after blasting past many times.  Trail was in good shape when I went last wednesday.  There really should be a sign at the end of the trail saying where to go(go to the lake, hang a left and go to the end of the lake and look for the ice flowing off the cliff), as I had no idea what I was looking for, and if fresh snow and no tracks on the lake you might just give up or look near the the trail end.  Glad we went, but I'm good for ten years or so.

I have been by them lots of times and never have seen them .... Maybe this winter I will if our group rides up that way !!! It's on the bucket list for sure!! But thanks to everyone I have seen several hundred pics of them !!! Lol ... Bring on the snow !!!! :))

More pics... from last weekend went we were there .

P1300505_zps93dc11f6.jpg

my son checking them out.

60a9d8ec-8633-40b5-a9a2-12bf4829ac15_zps

The view from the lake when you approach.

Archived