TOP E Closure - Paudash Trailblazers

revrnd

I was contacted by the club and there is a partial closure of TOP E between E108 & Harcourt until further notice. The detour is as follows: (northbound) take the E108, 608 (Hadlington) & 606 (Railbed) trail to Harcourt. 605 had been rerouted in the offseason between Wilberforce & TOP E (red outhouse jct.).

I will post any updates in the future.

Thanks for the update!

LIVIN'

Landowner issue or repair issues

No idea, we've only got about 8" on the ground here in Apsley. I imagine when the trails do open they'll be hooped in no time.

Any idea when the Paudash trails will start opening?  Every club around them is open with something??

PTB has a few trails open as yellow today. 110, 108, 107 and south E

• 2 weeks later...

605 from Harcourt to Wilberforce good, but with current 2015 maps and ofsc website still showing old trails its very confusing(605 in wrong spot!), they need signage out on the trails explaining.  It really is a big detour, and rode it twice this week and grooming on the 606 and 608 (and signage again) not up to snuff considering this is replacing E trail  E108 was pretty good.   Someone said they took the old "E" down from Harcourt and was passable, but I didn't check it out. This was Monday and Thursday, so could have improved but still shows yellow on ofsc.

We rode the E through Paudash on Friday and so did at least one other group that we saw. It was very rough and I can see why it was closed. Too bad we didn't see any signs for a detour or reroute. 

Tip of the helmet to Maple Leaf. Their trails that were marked as yellow were by far the best yellow trails that I've ever been on, better than a lot of green trails that I've ridden.

Any updates on the signage or if the snow helped with the rough stretch?

We've been getting snow off & on this week, so I imagine conditions are better up there. Much improved here in the Apsley area.

I finally made it up to Harcourt this afternoon. I GPSed the new route that 605 takes to hook up with TOP E in Harcourt. The TOP E detour is shown by the highlight. Too bad that most of the route on the 608 is road running (or ditch banging). Most of the trail "north" of the Hadlington Road has been plowed. Hopefully a reroute can be found .
One of the groomers had left the clubhouse for E110 (Cardiff Trail) and the other was on TOP E, just north of E107. E108 was in good shape between TOP E and 608.

I hope the clowns that were spinning their tracks on E107 (exposing the leaves/little or no base) enjoyed themselves. Some pretty good riding too as I saw three spots on E107 where folks had blown corners.

I finally made it up to Harcourt this afternoon. I GPSed the new route that 605 takes to hook up with TOP E in Harcourt. The TOP E detour is shown by the highlight. Too bad that most of the route on the 608 is road running (or ditch banging). Most of the trail "north" of the Hadlington Road has been plowed. Hopefully a reroute can be found .
One of the groomers had left the clubhouse for E110 (Cardiff Trail) and the other was on TOP E, just north of E107. E108 was in good shape between TOP E and 608.

I hope the clowns that were spinning their tracks on E107 (exposing the leaves/little or no base) enjoyed themselves. Some pretty good riding too as I saw three spots on E107 where folks had blown corners.

post-19781-0-55668000-1423972088_thumb.jpg

Are they still logging the E110,we were through their last year,and the two logging sections were terrible.Heading to Barry's Bay on Thursday,thinking of going E110 and jumping onto Baptiste Lake.Coming back the B to Haliburton.

Archived