I'll be back in a few minutes....

Blake G

Looks like fun but its to early to ride. I keep resiting a ride down the road and back! Heck my Star kit is not even here yet nor my new slides!

What is nice is we are getting down into the  minus double digit temps at night and barely getting into the minus single digits during the day. We have a couple inches of snow to protect septic fields and water lines and with the cold the lakes are freezing up nice. I always like to see the lakes freeze real good before the snow comes. Last year while it had awesome snow they was no ice and the swamps didn't freeze at all.  With slush from a foot to two feet on the lakes it was nasty. Buddy froze his feet real bad when he got his sled buried in the slush!

Here's to a perfect winter with lots of ice and snow! Cheers!

Good man, WB!

Good man, WB!

Oh no. Here comes the "I rode to work on a sled" pic. lol

Oh no. Here comes the "I rode to work on a sled" pic. lol

Sounds like someone is jealous!

My kids are grumpy with me today.  Sleds are ready, but I ordered a cover for the one, and it isnt in yet, so I am waiting to go and pick them up.  I decided today would be a good day to finish up the field work, and so the soy stubble that they could ride on today will be a worked up field when I pick up the sleds :icon_cankick:  :sorry:  

6kms on the 2 sleds today ... ran the cobwebs out of them!!!!!!

Six kms is a lot better than nothing, eh Denis?

The roads I used Thurs Night and Friday Morn are toast now, but I found an old trail that let me fool around for about 12 miles today. I wore out the snow....but there will be more.

Six kms is a lot better than nothing, eh Denis?

The roads I used Thurs Night and Friday Morn are toast now, but I found an old trail that let me fool around for about 12 miles today. I wore out the snow....but there will be more.

Yuppers !  Got a coupla bearings to change on the 670, and a grease job, other than that it's ready to go.  The Cheyenne 503 is getting a teardown, it's sounding like an air leak when the engine is cold, I don't want to scrap it for a 30 dollar gasket kit.  Might throw a set of rings in it while it's apart too.   It needs bearings in the drive axle too,  track is pulling to one side, don't like the looks of that.  Transmission looks like a PITA to get into, we'll see how it goes.

There's a fitness trail along the river in Hearst that's always got snow on it, took a spin, the river is about half-froze along the edges of the faster moving water.  It'll take a while yet before it freezes, along with the swamps.  At least I had a good little rip !

Archived