Record Snowfall

Easy Rider

I just read in the Kitchener paper that a new snowfall record has been set in Waterloo region of 246cm with the 38cm of snowfall on Sat. The old record set in the winter of 1923-24 was 244.3cm. That works out to nearly 100" or over 8 feet of snowfall here in southern Ontario. Bring on the global warming, I love it! :wtf:

Who would expect to have the best conditions of the season on March 10th. ? :shock:

All the snow is great,but the thaws suck. I can live without them

As awesome as the thought of snowmobiling in 8 feet of snow is, it's probably a good thing it rains every week. I'm not sure we would really be able to handle that much snow.

All the snow is great,but the thaws suck. I can live without them

As awesome as the thought of snowmobiling in 8 feet of snow is, it's probably a good thing it rains every week. I'm not sure we would really be able to handle that much snow.

According to TWN we received 45cm on the weekend. What a blast breaking trail with that much powder on a groomed trail. :woot:

According to TWN we received 45cm on the weekend.

According to TWN, we received 5.6mm, yes millimeters, over the weekend. :rotflmao:

This is what 5.6mms looks like, apparently:

img4337jn3.jpg

This is what 45cm looks like

[attachment=0]DSCN3454.JPG[/attachment]

But the drifts... :o looked like a 5ft wall, then the lights would go out.

Not only did some areas set records for snowfall, but they also set records for the most days over 45 degrees, and rainfall. Imagine if it would have stayed cold all winter, how much snow we would have gotten! Snowmobiling in 5 foot drifts one day, two days later, rain and mud. What a crazy year it has been.

I agree about a crazy winter. In January that thaw we had really screwed a trip up but good.

We rode here in Niagara about 160 miles between Saturday and Sunday.

Excellant, :D better than its been for years and what I thought was funny was a few riders we met on the trail bitching about too much snow and they got stuck a few times. :( Cry me a river. Learn to ride. :poke: Sometimes you can't just squeeze the trigger, you actually have to work, get up on the sled and countersteer your turns. We had a blast on the canal banks busting big drifts, riding like we were western guys. Kinda hard on fuel but who cares, couple more weeks/days and it'll all be over for another year.

According to TWN we received 45cm on the weekend.

According to TWN, we received 5.6mm, yes millimeters, over the weekend. :rotflmao:

This is what 5.6mms looks like, apparently:

img4337jn3.jpg

This is what 45cm looks like

[attachment=0]DSCN3454.JPG[/attachment]

But the drifts... :o looked like a 5ft wall, then the lights would go out.

Betcha that caught the city off gaurd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just read in the Kitchener paper that a new snowfall record has been set in Waterloo region of 246cm with the 38cm of snowfall on Sat. The old record set in the winter of 1923-24 was 244.3cm. That works out to nearly 100" or over 8 feet of snowfall here in southern Ontario. Bring on the global warming, I love it! :wtf:

Who would expect to have the best conditions of the season on March 10th. ? :shock:

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!

One of these years I was bound to be right :rotflmao:

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!

What are you saying Rick it sounds like every once and a while even a blind squirel gets a nut. :P

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!

No kidding! I'm glad you were finally right! :rotflmao: Looks like a bit of a warm up later in the week and then MAYBE another dump! :right_on::cheers:

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!

No kidding! I'm glad you were finally right! :rotflmao: Looks like a bit of a warm up later in the week and then MAYBE another dump! :right_on::cheers:

This thaw and freeze is getting old . It causes havoc for the clubs

EC is calling for snow showers and possible freezing rain here today...they can't make up their mind whether the winds shifting this morning will bring warm air or lake effect snow!!!

There was a little squall this morning around 8:00 a.m. that left maybe a cm. The wind is very cold....

EC is calling for snow showers and possible freezing rain here today...they can't make up their mind whether the winds shifting this morning will bring warm air or lake effect snow!!!

Let's hope for the snow! Luckily, they say if it's rain there won't be much anyway.

Let's hope for the snow! Luckily, they say if it's rain there won't be much anyway.

What a wacky winter hopefully summer isn't wet and shitty.

......... isn't wet and shitty.

Which reminds me, I need to do some tile bed repair this summer.

Thanks for sharing that valuable nugget of personal information... :roll:

Thanks for sharing that valuable nugget of personal information... :roll:

Speaking of Nuggets.................. :rotflmao:

Something you ate ?

Archived