Shining Tree

3 Bears

Woke up to ANOTHER 8 inches this morning....oops of snow.

Had a few sledders for lunch today.....I think it is going to be a VERY long season.

I was told by a group at lunch today that the groomer was going out 1 more time, they believe it is tonight.

Spoke to Dianne in Gowganda and that was groomed earlier in the week.

See you soon...soups on AGAIN lol

Think it will last until Easter!

Think it will last until Easter!

I know the snow here will last, but now it is rumored the groomer is not going out again.

I know the snow here will last, but now it is rumored the groomer is not going out again.

Would have been nice if they got out Friday / Saturday night it would have setup like concrete!  Below -20 both nights...

Well, it's +10 here right now.  Rain tomorrow.  And yeah we've still got a lot of snow as well as 2 to 3 ft. of slush on all lakes.  Any trail that hasn't been groomed, you'll need snowshoes...not a snowmobile.  And the groomed trails are getting pretty soft.  I thought with all this snow it would last longer than now but in the last week I pulled 5 different snowmobiles out of the deep snow and took gas to 3 more.  

Thanks for a great season. We were able to though the area 3 times this year, each time better than the last.  The volunteers and locals in the area were spectacular as usual.  I was hoping we could get up there 1 more time, but it doesn't look like we can stretch this wonderful winter out any further.

Until next year,

4 guys in for lunch yesterday and 2 for a quick beer....not happy about the conditions of the trails, but were happy they could even ride at all....they are heading back up Saturday and feel that will be the end.

Thanks everyone and see you next year.

Thanks Kelly.

Have only stopped in twice for lunch @ 3Bears and food was great. Hope to roll through next year.

Just read the weather for tomorrow, 15cm and 1 degrees.......have a few sledders booked for the weekend

I think we might have another week left.....I don't think there is any grooming being done

Still a ton of snow left up here, really don't need another 15 cm....might have to tell my May 24 guys to bring sleds....haha

Archived