Trailside weinnie roast

Pattherat

Exactly what happened to my friend last night on the quebec side near ville marie,sled caught fire without any warning,2012 expedition-600 etec,burned to the ground

post-23527-0-76905900-1395975817_thumb.jpg

post-23527-0-06120600-1395975835_thumb.jpg

post-23527-0-23361000-1395975847_thumb.jpg

post-23527-0-13876600-1395975860_thumb.jpg

OK - then what?

Did you hook onto the skeletin when done and drag it into town?

Did your chumm buy a new sled the next morning?

Rent a sled to finish the trip?

Barrow a sleigh from the dealer that you just got the newsed sled from to retrieve the wreckage the next morning?

Adhesive-FireExit-Signs-37808-ba.gif

Did he just fuel that rocket??? the over flow is plummed to the right shock tower the line has heat tape etc on it...if it rubs thru or is leaking it drops the fuel on the suitcase the muffler...

Exactly what happened to my friend last night on the quebec side near ville marie,sled caught fire without any warning,2012 expedition-600 etec,burned to the ground

Soooo?  How were the trails after that? :lol:

Seriously, that is too bad. My bad :oops:

Wow. Sorry to read about this happening to your buddy.

That'll put a wrinkle in any trip. 

Might even need a Brador or 2 after that one.

Lucky he was close to home

The wiring harness to the injectors passes right over the right side bolt on the MAG injector, I've had 2 customers' sleds that had rubbed thru this year, making sparks and intermittently backfiring.  You want a recipe for a fire, there it is .... misfiring sled, 55 volt injector wire grounding and sparking above the head, gas fumes nearby ..... pack your weiners boys.

The wiring harness to the injectors passes right over the right side bolt on the MAG injector, I've had 2 customers' sleds that had rubbed thru this year, making sparks and intermittently backfiring.  You want a recipe for a fire, there it is .... misfiring sled, 55 volt injector wire grounding and sparking above the head, gas fumes nearby ..... pack your weiners boys.

oops bang

Flawed design if you ask me,there were 2 additional sleds from that area that burned to the ground this season,one sled burned down and took the pumps with it,in the chapais area,both newer doo's hmmm

Archived