+10 C and Snirt

ravinerat

Well it is + 10 C in Barrie today and we are loosing snow fast. I had to drive to Shelburne today in the car and crossed many snowmobile trails. The trail that runs along McKay rd (10 th line) has no snow on the road sections. The trails through the fields have mud showing through the first 100 ft. The trail along County rd 21 from Thornton has no snow for running the side of the road. The trails in the fields look ok but there is bare spots showing up in the fields. Not on the trail though. Any trail which crosses a road has dirt for the first part but the trails look ok farther down. Most of the trails and fields didn't seem to have much snow in them but the trails were holding up. The rail trail though of Shelburne looked in good shape.

I spent the afternoon servicing my sled and trailer for the weekend. Susposed to get cold and some snow tonight. Probably need to start picking trails that don't have any road running for the weekend. Too much of this sunshine and mild temps will get the creeks and rivers flowing. Ride it while it lasts.

RR

Well a lot of those trails just went yellow.

RR

Figured that would be the plan for the next week. Worse case scenario just have to start using the trailer. Oh well, we can't complain. In all honesty I won't be upset (I know selfish) because our fun for the riding season is almost at an end or is at an end. Still under the weather and running out of my play time. But I have sooooooooooooooooo many nice pics and videos to watch for the next 8-9 months to prepare me for 2015. LOL

I'll be all over Simcoe County the next few nights at work and will be checking all the trails I can.

RR

Well it is + 10 C in Barrie today and we are loosing snow fast. I had to drive to Shelburne today in the car and crossed many snowmobile trails. The trail that runs along McKay rd (10 th line) has no snow on the road sections. The trails through the fields have mud showing through the first 100 ft. The trail along County rd 21 from Thornton has no snow for running the side of the road. The trails in the fields look ok but there is bare spots showing up in the fields. Not on the trail though. Any trail which crosses a road has dirt for the first part but the trails look ok farther down. Most of the trails and fields didn't seem to have much snow in them but the trails were holding up. The rail trail though of Shelburne looked in good shape.

I spent the afternoon servicing my sled and trailer for the weekend. Susposed to get cold and some snow tonight. Probably need to start picking trails that don't have any road running for the weekend. Too much of this sunshine and mild temps will get the creeks and rivers flowing. Ride it while it lasts.

RR

That's what I am doing... picked a route that will avoid all but the smallest road amounts. Going from Port Severn to Gravenhurst

See you on the trail.

RR

Since this is a weather thread.... -19 in Midland on Thursday morning.

Yay!

The B112B through there today was Beauty !!

Hmmmmmmmm I see you decided to run the area after all. We are hoping to hit the are possibly Thursday or Friday. How were the rest of the trails?

Hmmmmmmmm I see you decided to run the area after all. We are hoping to hit the are possibly Thursday or Friday. How were the rest of the trails?

Over all, not bad for "spring sledding" on a hot day.

4 from Kahshe to hwy 11 Tough

4 from hwy 11 to Blue Bridge Good

North half of 204 Choppy

South half of 204, B105/B Good

B112B through Town Good

To Shanty Bay and all the way to B Great

B to C Good

C north Good

301/601 ok

B west of B109 getting rough and, getting bad west of 603.

602 into The Beach Tough.

A lot of the day at 20 km/hr slower.

No food in Shanty Bay or Phelpston on a Tuesday. Too much asphalt off trail in Elmvale to get to gas or food. Lots of snow on the trails. Should be awesome in lots of places Thursday if the cooler temps encourages some grooming.

Over all, not bad for "spring sledding" on a hot day.

4 from Kahshe to hwy 11 Tough

4 from hwy 11 to Blue Bridge Good

North half of 204 Choppy

South half of 204, B105/B Good

B112B through Town Good

To Shanty Bay and all the way to B Great

B to C Good

C north Good

301/601 ok

B west of B109 getting rough and, getting bad west of 603.

602 into The Beach Tough.

A lot of the day at 20 km/hr slower.

No food in Shanty Bay or Phelpston on a Tuesday. Too much asphalt off trail in Elmvale to get to gas or food. Lots of snow on the trails. Should be awesome in lots of places Thursday if the cooler temps encourages some grooming.

Thanks, good report. Yes, it really sucks in that around Elmvale for gas and food when snow is off the shoulders.

Thanks, good report. Yes, it really sucks in that around Elmvale for gas and food when snow is off the shoulders.

Most of the winter the main st in Elmvale hwy 92 is indeed bare as is hwy 27. We have gone into Elmvale for lunch before and have used the back streets to get there as they are usually much less traveled and in a good winter like this are most often snow covered. We have gotten off C trail as it crosses Queen St (hwy 92) and usually have some snow road side as you are a bit out of town sort of. We then run east to Amelia St. turn left and then a quick right onto the first residential street. I don't remember the name, Then a right onto Maria St that takes you back to Queen St. cross Queen St and there is a large parking lot next to the Chamber of Commerce building. We park there and a short walk east is a nice little restaurant on the south side with good food. For gas if you leave the parking lot on the south side you run east on Stone St which is also usually snow covered and then hit Yonge St. (hwy 27) The funeral home is across the street and just to the left of that is the gas station. Not real friendly riding wise but in a good winter it beats riding the main road with the cars parked on the sides of the road.

Well welcome relief with the snow this morning. We have someone on our side.

RR

Well welcome relief with the snow this morning. We have someone on our side.

RR

I need it further north for the roads too but its not getting there, hope it snows Friday Saturday in cottage country.

Hope it snows up that way for you too. I hear Dads gone south.

RR

Hope it snows up that way for you too. I hear Dads gone south.

RR

He leaves next Tuesday. I think hes ready, hes fished out now he says.

No food in Shanty Bay or Phelpston on a Tuesday. Too much asphalt off trail in Elmvale to get to gas or food.

There is a small McDonald's on the 1st of Oro at the gas station

Most of the winter the main st in Elmvale hwy 92 is indeed bare as is hwy 27. We have gone into Elmvale for lunch before and have used the back streets to get there as they are usually much less traveled and in a good winter like this are most often snow covered. We have gotten off C trail as it crosses Queen St (hwy 92) and usually have some snow road side as you are a bit out of town sort of. We then run east to Amelia St. turn left and then a quick right onto the first residential street. I don't remember the name, Then a right onto Maria St that takes you back to Queen St. cross Queen St and there is a large parking lot next to the Chamber of Commerce building. We park there and a short walk east is a nice little restaurant on the south side with good food. For gas if you leave the parking lot on the south side you run east on Stone St which is also usually snow covered and then hit Yonge St. (hwy 27) The funeral home is across the street and just to the left of that is the gas station. Not real friendly riding wise but in a good winter it beats riding the main road with the cars parked on the sides of the road.

Unfortunately, even those side streets were bare.  I also tried a unmarked back route off 416 which brought me 'close' but still too much (for my liking) bare asphalt between me and my destination.  My comments are Not a complaint about Elmvale; more likely a complaint about ME waiting too late in the winter to visit. 

:-)

There is a small McDonald's on the 1st of Oro at the gas station

Indeed !   If I had had the foresight to stop for gas at gasoline alley I would have addressed both gas and food.  It was early in the day for us, I didn't "need" gas and wasn't ready for lunch.  And I had my heart set on Kelly's or Steelers - places that had advertised on the map.  So................if I have any complaints, they are with me.  I can't blame Shanty Bay or Kelly's for only wanting to be open when the traffic is best.  I can't blame Steelers for the warm sun on Sunday and the high temperatures on Monday/Tuesday taking the snow off the roads. 

I'd like to try to blame my riding partner, Mrs. STG, but I haven't had any luck doing that for over 50 years.

Yup, my fault. 

:headbang:

I'd like to try to blame my riding partner, Mrs. STG, but I haven't had any luck doing that for over 50 years.

Yup, my fault. 

:headbang:

My dad had a plaque in the house for years that said "The opinions expressed by the husband of this household do not necessarily reflect those of the management."

I have a phrase that says "I don't do anything I don't want to until my wife tells me to."

I am the Boss of my household and my wife told me that I could say so.

We all know who has the real power in the house... if you watch Big Bang Theory Bernadette refers to it as controlling access to the lady parts I believe.

Archived