2011 Polaris Rush Pro-R 600

Redfisher

It's my favourite sled...if that counts for anything (not necessarily the 2011 or the 600, just the rush). Graphic looks mean too. 

Good choice once again.  I love my rush!!  Is that the switchback or 121"?

Good sled. Our 600's ran great, never had any problems. If Pro-R check shocks as they have been known to leak. Pic looks to be 2012 Switchback.

Good choice once again.  I love my rush!!  Is that the switchback or 121"?

Looks like the switchback

graphics are different and I'm pretty sure that is the swtichback. Track looks quite long

First pic is a Switchback, second pic looks like a Rush.

First pic is a Switchback, second pic looks like a Rush.

Totally agree with jrhz06 on this one.

Thanks guys... Just found another good deal...So hard figuring out what to get... the above sled or a 2009 switchback 750 turbo 4 stroke for $4500 in mint shape...

Thanks guys... Just found another good deal...So hard figuring out what to get... the above sled or a 2009 switchback 750 turbo 4 stroke for $4500 in mint shape...

iq chassis is not nearly as good as the rush. and a 750 four stroke will not have near the power of your 700liberty. Nonetheless, a great price. What about a rev?

just wondering if you ever rode a rush yet?   especially thru tight twistys?

One of my riding buds has a 2011 rush(800 though)    And every single one of us who has rode it hates it immensely.  

-very loud

-vibration in bars is really bad

-fuel economy is bad(800 gets 12mpg)

-Very heavy steering effort

-horrible inside ski lift which is downright unpredictable

-poor in studder bumps(most common trails)

I have swapped sleds with buddy, and within about 10 miles my fingers actually fall asleep from the vibes and also the heavy steering effort you need to put so much grab and effort into tight twistys it makes your fingers start to fall asleep.

And the uncoupled rear skid has been revamped 3 times since 2011 and now will be revamped again for 2015 cause they just cant seem to get the inside ski lift to calm down.  An uncoupled rear skid is never gonna be a good trail setup IMO, good for big junk but bad for ski lift and studders.

Its just my opinion, but ive never rode anything as smooth and flat handling and feels like power steering with such light effort as my new doo etec X....Just be sure to ride as many makes and models as you can, i demo sleds all the time and always have never been brand loyal, i buy the best handling sled at end of day with best mpg.  Ive owned a ton of sleds and these new doos with rmotion are as good as they say, its no wonder all the mag writers all say it is the best skid currently.

If you are a POO guy i highly recommend looking at the indy, they handle wonderful and are priced right!

Dan

I agree with Dan! I end up carrying 20 liters of gas on my doo, using my cargo rack to give the Polaris the same range as my etec. These etecs are incrediable. Why not buy a newer grandtouring in the xr chassis and then you can take the wife for a tour too. She will love it and want to drive you around! Mine always falls asleep on the back, says the bumps rock her to sleep since the sled is so smooth. These new doo's, fell like you are on a ship. I almost fell asleep a few times myself.

I have to disagree with RockerDan here.  The Rush 600 doesn't have any vibration, great in stutter bumps, decent gas mileage if you worry about that,

-very loud--NOT the 600

-vibration in bars is really bad-no vibration

-fuel economy is bad(800 gets 12mpg) both of our 600's get 14-15mpg- which I really don't care what mileage I get.  If I did I would probably quit. We are agressive riders, throttle jockies I guess you would say

-Very heavy steering effort-not heavy steering

-horrible inside ski lift which is downright unpredictable-My 2010 Rush gets minimal lift  The 2012 Adventure none

-poor in studder bumps(most common trails)--good in all conditions including stutter bumps

I really think that Rockerdans buddy doesn't have his sled set up right yet.  It takes a while to dial them in, but when they are they are awesome.  Nice ride, great bottom end, great clutching and fun to ride in any condition.  Just need the right person turning the wrenches on the Rush chassis (Dealer that knows how the suspension works)

Had to fix my mpg's.  Me bad.

X2 I love my adventure 600..

I have to disagree with RockerDan here. The Rush 600 doesn't have any vibration, great in stutter bumps, decent gas mileage if you worry about that,

-very loud--NOT the 600

-fuel economy is bad(800 gets 12mpg) both of our 600's get 16mpg- which I really don't care what mileage I get. If I did I would probably quit. We are agressive riders, throttle jockies I guess you would say

-horrible inside ski lift which is downright unpredictable-My 2010 Rush gets minimal lift The 2012 Adventure none

-poor in studder bumps(most common trails)--good in all conditions including stutter bumps

I really think that Rockerdans buddy doesn't have his sled set up right yet. It takes a while to dial them in, but when they are they are awesome. Nice ride, great bottom end, great clutching and fun to ride in any condition. Just need the right person turning the wrenches on the Rush chassis (Dealer that knows how the suspension works)

hello

I really enjoyed the Rush 600 Pro-R sleds I test drove a few years ago.  The bumps seemed to disappear and the handling was great.  Lots of power.  Mind you the Polaris techs were along for the ride and tweaked my sled to perfection.  He asked how much I weigh and I also told him I like to let the track break loose in the corners under power and he got it dead right.  As with most rider forward chassis you have to use a little body English to take high speed corners but at regular trail speed I could sit dead center and rail around the corners.

I have to disagree with RockerDan here.  The Rush 600 doesn't have any vibration, great in stutter bumps, decent gas mileage if you worry about that,

-very loud--NOT the 600

-fuel economy is bad(800 gets 12mpg) both of our 600's get 16mpg- which I really don't care what mileage I get.  If I did I would probably quit. We are agressive riders, throttle jockies I guess you would say

-horrible inside ski lift which is downright unpredictable-My 2010 Rush gets minimal lift  The 2012 Adventure none

I really think that Rockerdans buddy doesn't have his sled set up right yet.  It takes a while to dial them in, but when they are they are awesome.  Nice ride, great bottom end, great clutching and fun to ride in any condition.  Just need the right person turning the wrenches on the Rush chassis (Dealer that knows how the suspension works)

I have to agree with extreme 600 my wife has a 2012 pro r switchback and no complaints from her or myself about this  sled. The new indy is priced right but it is not a comparable to the pro r, it is a 20 year old sled that was put on a diet. 

I had a pro r 800,now on an 800 etec. I like the xp better but the rush was more fun.

The 12 front geometry changed ski lift significant. There haven't been any changes since the 12 MY. Dont fforget this sleds overall geometry is based off the IQ. Minimal inside ski lift with the 12+, and great through the stutter bumps with a simple shock revalve and FTS spring. It has to be ridden aggressively IMO to get the full potential. Frankly the etec can lull me to sleep sometimes.

I was getting 12 mpg on average. The etec gets a bit better mileage but nowhere near 18, especially if run hard. I notice more difference in how I ride the etec with regards to fuel mileage then the Polaris. I just kinda always got about 12 on the pro r.

Polaris makes a simpler product with less bells and whistles.

iq chassis is not nearly as good as the rush. and a 750 four stroke will not have near the power of your 700liberty. Nonetheless, a great price. What about a rev?

Its a turbo and has 140hp which is a little more then my 700.

We just picked up a 2014 Rush 600 actually for my son.  I really like the sled and I am now seriously considering a switchback adventure for my next sled for next year.   

Can you not try it to see how you like it?  I tried the new Yamaha Viper this past weekend and it did not go as I would have liked it.  I actually enjoy the Rush more. 

anyone have or rode the 750 turbo switchback? 

I have been out with people who have a turbo switchbackwas and was under the impression that it was a dog(must of read that on the internet) the sled does move along very nice and has no problem hitting the 100mph mark lots of power. The weber motor has been around for a long time with no issues, more than 20 years. 

I have been out with people who have a turbo switchbackwas and was under the impression that it was a dog(must of read that on the internet) the sled does move along very nice and has no problem hitting the 100mph mark lots of power. The weber motor has been around for a long time with no issues, more than 20 years. 

Thanks, I have been reading that the Weber motor is a great motor. 

Archived