Yamaha 2015 not much news

Greggie

yeh you need facts 

#1 in 1981 and 1982 was CAT Polaris 83 84  Yamy 85-86 Polaris 87-early 90s Ski-Doo since . Funny thing about this is that cat did not have production in 82 but due to poor winters had an enormous overstock that was cleared in 82 

The facts are difficult to confirm. The sled manufacturers are very tight lipped about actual sales #'s. I found this in Wikipedia suggesting Yamaha was # 1 for most of the lifespan of the first gen Phaser.

"The 4th generation Phazer is hoping to continue the legacy that was started 23 years ago, using the same principle as the original; provide a light-weight, high-revving, ground-breaking machine that anyone could afford and have fun on, this philosophy was highly successful and sent Yamaha to #1 in the snowmobile market-share world, where it would stay until the early 90's"

The facts are difficult to confirm. The sled manufacturers are very tight lipped about actual sales #'s. I found this in Wikipedia suggesting Yamaha was # 1 for most of the lifespan of the first gen Phaser.

"The 4th generation Phazer is hoping to continue the legacy that was started 23 years ago, using the same principle as the original; provide a light-weight, high-revving, ground-breaking machine that anyone could afford and have fun on, this philosophy was highly successful and sent Yamaha to #1 in the snowmobile market-share world, where it would stay until the early 90's"

The numbers were not that heavily hidden they are available though isma. When we were dealers we kept track certainly Polaris took over the mantle in the late eighties as Yamy had nothing good in liquids to offer in the crave for more power than the fan cooled phazer. It is well recorded by CJ Ramstad that Cat had the mantle in 81 and 82 not fifteen years in between there 

I'm on my way to bobcaygeon....

The numbers were not that heavily hidden they are available though isma. When we were dealers we kept track certainly Polaris took over the mantle in the late eighties as Yamy had nothing good in liquids to offer in the crave for more power than the fan cooled phazer. It is well recorded by CJ Ramstad that Cat had the mantle in 81 and 82 not fifteen years in between there 

87 exciter was good,but after that they became exploders

87 exciter was good,but after that they became exploders

They had some carburetor and clutching issues either way they were no match for the polaris triples.

Remeber racing them on scugog out front of crandles with a indy 400 and winning

Archived