Fridays ride to Minden,Haliburton- 2/7/2014

rockerdan

Tomorrows ride...

Just set it up on the interactive guide, I had to add in the lakes myself and approximate the KMs on them.

Starting at my place heading down thru baysville counterclockwise....see pic.  

Will run back home lakes.

approx 270 Kms

Dan

post-23178-0-10822500-1391742512_thumb.jpg

Looks great Dan, have a great time. If I wasn't working I would join u in a minute..

Ride safely!

Looks great Dan, have a great time. If I wasn't working I would join u in a minute..

Should be nice, doing so many great rides this season im getting nearly to the point where we have gone every which way outa here!  Still want to do north bay for an overnighter and maybe try for pembroke for overnighter  and also wasaga beach for overnighter, those are always fun.

Just hope all the grooming is nice for tomorrow, i know groomers are having a workout this season, many breaking!

what a season!

Hey guys, remember SATURDAY is the Yammie demo ride at Bracebridge yammie.  We will definitely be heading down to try out the vipers.

hope you guys can make it down!

Dan

with todays suspension and the ability to lakerun in hali you should have a good day

totally agree...its amazing how much further we can ride nowadays, and be fresh still.   100 mile days used to be huge, now 200 is getting easy!

Hi Dan. Are you going to stop for lunch and gas in Haliburton?

How was the B112 from Minden to the rail line? I was on it a few weeks ago and it was really rough. I hear a bridge is damaged past Minden and the groomer wasn't able to pass.

The ride friday was awesome, we got a late start did not leave til 1:30-2pm.....the poorest section was b112 from B to Minden.   The closer we got to Minden the tighter, twisty, narrow hilly it got.  Was groomed decently but we really slowed way down in this part.

Everything else the entire day was incredible, big fast trails for the most part and smooth.  The KM distance estimate on the OFSC guide was darn near exact the same as my sled ODO showed.  Great day.

Ran into Grizzlygriff on B trail at d102b corner below baysville.  Great to meet you in person bud!  

Minden had great food at the tavern right on the main street next to river after we crossed the floating bridge, park sleds in rear parking lot and enter from rear, best banquet burger ive had this winter!

Left tavern around 5:30, got gas in Minden at the shell.   After you cross hwy 35 on b112, you need to watch for a small trail that cuts back to hwy35 down abit further, this goes right down to the shell station.  Took us a few mins to realize we had passed this small trail but once we found it we were fueled up and ready for a long run back to port sydney.

Got to the rail line(b103) from Minden pretty quickly and it was getting dark now.  So the pics are dark sorry. This rail line was mint, fast and wide...only complaint is so many stop signs for each driveway so you must keep stopping here and there, and it becomes more and more coming into bottom of Hali.

Once we got to Hali, was all perfect  back up to the whitney trail(b)and then hit lakes home(trail 11)....redstone, thru the hali forest base camp,kennisis,clear,big hawk,sherborne,raven,LOB lakes back home...was fast running all lakes, lucky had GPS cause was snowing hard on lakes and had to follow GPS tracks back to see.

180 miles or so, great day!

Dan

post-23178-0-43178300-1391973113_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-76326400-1391973123_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-43978700-1391973133_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-89515000-1391973142_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the report Dan.

Was great running into you two guys. 2 Dans on 2 Orange Skidoos! Glad your trip worked out so well.

Was great running into you two guys. 2 Dans on 2 Orange Skidoos! Glad your trip worked out so well.

LOL....thats us!   

:woot:

:rockon:

Should be nice, doing so many great rides this season im getting nearly to the point where we have gone every which way outa here!  Still want to do north bay for an overnighter and maybe try for pembroke for overnighter  and also wasaga beach for overnighter, those are always fun.

Just hope all the grooming is nice for tomorrow, i know groomers are having a workout this season, many breaking!

what a season!

Both are very doable from your place Dan.

If you run the lakes to Redstone Pembroke is a great all day ride. 

You can even do Whitney for lunch and back for the day if you want.

North Bay is easy peasy depending on route. 

nice pics & report...thx

Archived