Snowmobile death, near London.

2fast4u

Sad news, my condolences to the family. Apparently he was reported missing when he didn't return home last night. He was riding alone. I hate to hear news like this.

http://www.lfpress.com/2014/02/03/snowmobiler-found-dead-in-field-north-of-london

Always tragic.  So sad for the family and friends.

Please be careful folks. With the much higher banks and lots of blowing snow, there has been a few incidents in the last week with blown corners. Alot of stakes are getting down to that last foot above the snow in some spots in N. huron county, they are hard to see if you are over driving for the conditions.

Alot of barb wire fences are obscured and lurking also.. Best stay on the trails. Safe riding!

I feel for his family and my heart goes out to them but have to admit I am always amazed at how many solo riders I see out there every week, especially on the weekdays when there isn't as many riders out there...be safe everyone and enjoy this great winter we have gotten...

Nunz

I sled alone a lot, Don't have much of a choice. I stick to 50 mile runs and stay on the trails that I know. always have my cell phone and plane my route ahead of time telling my wife.

I sled alone, but now I am more aware then when I was younger. I love to ride and ride to live. I am lucky and can call my wife to pick my ass up if I am in need,,,, which I did last week!

I sled alone, but now I am more aware then when I was younger. I love to ride and ride to live. I am lucky and can call my wife to pick my ass up if I am in need,,,, which I did last week!

story us

I rode down from LOB and dropped the 2 guys I was riding with in Orillia, about 5/5:30 week ago last fri, wind was brutal, looked at the lake and decided to ride trail to Lagoon city by trail, was hard to follow trail, so much snow and drifting, was going to ride the lake into Pefferlaw from Lagoon city, called a friend and wife and my daughter met me at the Ultramar north of Brechin, stopped at lickbo in Brechin got some porto and went home, I figured I had a better chance of her finding me in the parking lot then on the lake,, lol

I rode down from LOB and dropped the 2 guys I was riding with in Orillia, about 5/5:30 week ago last fri, wind was brutal, looked at the lake and decided to ride trail to Lagoon city by trail, was hard to follow trail, so much snow and drifting, was going to ride the lake into Pefferlaw from Lagoon city, called a friend and wife and my daughter met me at the Ultramar north of Brechin, stopped at lickbo in Brechin got some porto and went home, I figured I had a better chance of her finding me in the parking lot then on the lake,, lol

Smart choice my friend.

lickbo....thats funny...lcbo,my 7 year old calls it lickapoo....sorry,for hijacking.....glad your safe,live to sled.dont die to sled!!!indeed!!! :icon_goodpost:

well done

Very sad, that is one of the reasons I do not sled alone.

I use a $3 app on my phone to trace my route/calories/etc when mountain biking.

Although I never sled alone, this app would be a very good safety element for guys who do. Provided you have cell coverage, it logs your route and updates it to the app website every few minutes. The app also sends an email with web link so someone else can see where you are at.

There are many similar apps; the one I use is Runmeter

Archived