Wanted: Yamaha Bravo

ontariof7

Our daughter just received her Snow Vehicle Operators Licence, thank you Moosifer. I am looking for a clean, working order Bravo for her. I would appreciate any messages from those that may see one at a dealer or out front of someones home. Of course I am watching Kijiji on a regular basis.

Thanks,

OF7

be cautious the tracks are obsolete

Thanks for the heads up WB. My understanding is that Yamaha produced three different models of the Bravo; Transporter etc. I believe that tracks are available for two of the three. I will have to watch carefully what I purchase.

Our daughter just received her Snow Vehicle Operators Licence, thank you Moosifer. I am looking for a clean, working order Bravo for her. I would appreciate any messages from those that may see one at a dealer or out front of someones home. Of course I am watching Kijiji on a regular basis.

Thanks,

OF7

I was just at Northgate Polaris in Bracebridge earlier today and they have a decent looking Indy Lite for sale...not sure of how much but probally worth giving them a call..

Nunz

I was just at Northgate Polaris in Bracebridge earlier today and they have a decent looking Indy Lite for sale...not sure of how much but probally worth giving them a call..

Nunz

Thanks nunz, I will give them a call today.

U can use different a track for a bravo but u will have to change the cog wheels. Which really isn't a big deal just more $$ the shaft has to be removed anyway to change the track. Forgive me if I don't have the name right for the parts been a while since I've done it on my old yammy 440. I seen a little guy last season on a little 340 indy lite, looked like a great sled for a kid he was probably 10 or so years old. I think when my little guy gets older something like that would be a great starter sled.

Indy's are great. Hard to find small sleds for kids. I had a 440 xcr liquid when I was 15. Started out on a 1976 250 tx I got, when I was 12. Blew it up a few years later. It was fun.

I wouldn't hesitate on the Indy. Our little 340 radared at 65 and reliable as hell

I will look at the Indy lite as well.

U can use different a track for a bravo but u will have to change the cog wheels. Which really isn't a big deal just more $$ the shaft has to be removed anyway to change the track. Forgive me if I don't have the name right for the parts been a while since I've done it on my old yammy 440. I seen a little guy last season on a little 340 indy lite, looked like a great sled for a kid he was probably 10 or so years old. I think when my little guy gets older something like that would be a great starter sled.

Thanks for the information.

Many tracksare becoming obsolete now be careful

Thanks WB I will do my home work.

Speaking of industrial................

Many industrial belt applications use some sort of pinned splice to join the ends.  For these low hp, slow speed yard sleds would it be possible to shorten an available track using this type of splice?  Yah, I know it would be labour intensive and pitch could be an issue but if a guy was handy enough????

Just thinking out loud.  Shame to scrap some of these old gems as they are ideal to learn on and build pride with our yoots.

I have to put a note up, the boy started with a Z120 at 7 then a 340 Ovation at 10 then when he got his permit he moved to 1990 Phazer. Best move ever, easy to control and you can limit throttle but not really needed. U can ride all day on a tank of fuel, warm behind the windshield with the fan cooled engine. Reliable as heck and way better than a $1200 bravo. My 10 year old daughter rides the Ovation now after the 200cc Z120 upgrade last year. Just loves it also very cheap and easy to work on. Electric start so its good to go. We are definitely a Yamaha family but there are first time sleds out there with low kms that just need to be pryed out of the owners hands. I bought 2 matching 1990 Phazers in 2003 for 3000. One had 1100kms and one 600kms. I just kept bugging the guy who had them then he finally broke. Take your kid with you you'd be surprised. Plus classic permit price and you can actually take it on a trip without worry.  

I'm in a dilemma with this very issue. My daughter is almost 8 and has been riding 4 years I just sold her 120 because she was bored of it and I did not want to putmoney into upgrades on something I don't have a year or so from now..I feel a bravo may be to big but what other option is there?

Ski doo had a 380 single cylinder a couple of years back that she would do well on. Polaris had a 340 also.

Ski doo had a 380 single cylinder a couple of years back that she would do well on. Polaris had a 340 also.

The 340's polaris made are full sized sleds with a smaller engine. I think she would have a very hard time on a polaris 340 

Archived