what does the ofsc head office do?

aar0n

A lot of good comments, want to bring up another.

As example the online permit sales is now on for 3 years, and I have never seen a RFP to find a contractor who can handle this is a expectable time. I think the permit need to be on the mail in 3 working days. That late sending out of permits is going on now for three years. Something has to change here.

Also in most other projects, I have never seen a RFP. Also in the RFP need to be addressed what the sanctions are if it isn't working.

How can the OFSC get a contact to a private company without an RFP?

Thanks,

Greg

How do you know there wasn't. Don't forget it all starts with RFI then from there on to RFP and RFQ. Each step of the way the field gets smaller. Not sure that there are a lot of service providers that are able to meet the needs either. The candidate pool is likely quite small.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you know there wasn't. Don't forget it all starts with RFI then from there on to RFP and RFQ. Each step of the way the field gets smaller. Not sure that there are a lot of service providers that are able to meet the needs either. The candidate pool is likely quite small.

I have heard that from a reliable source, as I said, there is almost never a RFP at OFSC level. There was new for the Gps and the last one was for the groomer training. The groomer training was not bad, but I think,it need to be updated next year, there is done false information in it.

Thanks,

Greg

Just to clarify a bit.  When a sitting Governor decides to run for Exec. they might get elected in but in doing so give up their position as Governor. Then a year later if they dont' fit the mold or are too vocal, their and the back room politicking has them elected. That leaves the original Governor with no position and is hung out to dry.

I may be wrong but I do believe that the Governors from Districts 4,6 and 10 have been in the position for more than 2 yrs. which is a good thing as you need some experience on the board. The good old boys club I referred to originally was at club/district level.

To add to my original post, the OFSC office has way too much on their plate and are doing more committee work than they should. As an example, this past weekend was the Yearly Strategic Planning session where Governors do a review of the past year to see if plans to meet the current Vision  are being met and if not, why not and what can be done to meet those expectations. Budgets are made based on that session for all areas of the organization except for Trails. In past, Committee chairs were invited to contribute to the conversation and answer questions. For the past 2 years that has not happened. No input has been requested from the committees at all for their respective programs. This used to be a volunteer organization. Dont' think that is the case anymore. They used to be "Committee of the the Board" but I think it's been a long time since any direction has been given by the Board. Even giving awards to Volunteers was questioned by the staff as to the value.

In fact, a task force to evaluate the committee value is being done to see if they are even necessary to the organization is being done. Writing is on the wall people. Staff will soon be doing all the program work.... if there are any programs!!

Committee members and chairs are dropping like flies. There must be a reason!! or are the inmates running the asylum???

I know that this is not a popular thought but it is the truth.

So glad I'm out of it but it breaks my heart!!

Rosemary I'm pretty sure Marni, Lisa and Dave are on their 3rd year as Gov's now ? While I agree with some of your your comments about how committees have been being handled as of late, I'm trying to wrap my head around your comments about someone who's been a sitting Gov that has worked their way up to being elected to an Excom position, then having no where to go after that ? What's wrong with them going back to volunteering at the club, association, dist or committee member level ?  I'm quite happy we don't just kept recycling positions for people who are/were in that scenario to keep them in as Gov's, Excom or Committee chairs.... that would be a shining example of an "Old Boys Club".  We need new blood to keep steppingin and take the load off of those who have a done a stellar job at building and maintaining the awesome trail network we have today, with new times we need new minds to come up with new ideas.  As for the "Good Old Boys Club" at the club and district level, you know as well as I do the only way to break that is with a strong local volunteer base that cares enough to do what it takes to run the local trail system. 

I really hope we get great weather for the rest of the season.

Then we can go riding

I really hope we get great weather for the rest of the season.

Then we can go riding

As do we all

Rosemary I'm pretty sure Marni, Lisa and Dave are on their 3rd year as Gov's now ? While I agree with some of your your comments about how committees have been being handled as of late, I'm trying to wrap my head around your comments about someone who's been a sitting Gov that has worked their way up to being elected to an Excom position, then having no where to go after that ? What's wrong with them going back to volunteering at the club, association, dist or committee member level ?  I'm quite happy we don't just kept recycling positions for people who are/were in that scenario to keep them in as Gov's, Excom or Committee chairs.... that would be a shining example of an "Old Boys Club".  We need new blood to keep steppingin and take the load off of those who have a done a stellar job at building and maintaining the awesome trail network we have today, with new times we need new minds to come up with new ideas.  As for the "Good Old Boys Club" at the club and district level, you know as well as I do the only way to break that is with a strong local volunteer base that cares enough to do what it takes to run the local trail system. 

Hey Rick,  No problem, I'm not disagreeing with you at all about how long Marni etc have been Governors, only that in your original post you said they had less than 2 years and I was fairly certain they had more. No biggie anyhow, as it's a good thing.

My concern with Governors being replaced is that they seem to disappear and there is a lot of experience being lost. Some have such a bad taste in their mouth for the organization that they don't even want to be involved at club level anymore. Very few seem to be invited to sit on a committee. It's not just the past Governors, it's all the volunteers that aren't being given credit anymore for what they are accomplishing or been given the opportunity to voice opinions and share ideas. I know AGM is the place but you have to admit it has been streamlined and orchestrated to the ninth degree and there is no openings for new ideas.

New blood is good, as well as change is good but you do need some continuity to ensure a club doesn't get run off the trails. It's too hard to build a club back up after it has lost its volunteer base or has lost the support of the riders because of mismanagement.

Archived