Trail heads in Kitchener area

NiagaraKev

Can anyone tell me a good place to park the truck and trailer to head out on the Kitchener area trails this year ?

Welcome to the forum.

Can anyone tell me a good place to park the truck and trailer to head out on the Kitchener area trails this year ?

The region doesn't have allot of drop points on weekends! Waterloo rod and gun club is a good spot, but fills up early. Allot of clubs are coming up with policies you have to be a member inorder to park in their lots. I am a member of a few clubs for this reason.

Thanks for the welcome...

I'm going to join St.Clements for sure...don't know if they have any parking though.

The new F5 is revving to go ...

Cheers....

I'm going to join St.Clements for sure...don't know if they have any parking though.

Cheers....

St Clements allows parking for their members cheers. A membership is 10 bucks for the season. Maybe see you there!

Maybe Bridgeport rod and gun club you can unload not sure

Maybe Bridgeport rod and gun club you can unload not sure

They fill up fast too and might require membership as well, not sure.

The Bridgeport Rod and Gun Club should be a good launching point. Also the Waterloo Rod and Gun Club is also a good spot. Alot of riders unload on Schweitzer St in Kitchener and leave from there since the trail starts there. All spots should be "no charge". If you need locations let me know and I can help you out.

Thanks for all the help ...

Hope to meet you all out there this year ..I'm pumped...

I have been out of sledding for years ..back into it again this year..new sled ..new trailer ..

Sitting on four sleds and two trailers at the moment ..lol..have to get rid of at least one of each ...LOL

Sledguy....LOVE that BRP..thats funny...

I also see trailers at st agatha rod and gun club on erbs road just outside st agatha.Trail crosses right thru there. Can park at the co op in milverton on a Saturday or Sunday I was told.

Elmira has some good spots. Lions park is the corner of Whipporwill and Barn swallow. Trail is right there!

Can park at the co op in milverton on a Saturday or Sunday I was told.

Yes you can.  Lots of room there even during the week.

A little further west is Ralphs Gas Station in Atwood, and Monkton Coop if the weather doesn get Kitchener open and further west is.

Lots of drop area's in the KW area...St Clements great club to get involved with....my own club u can park at Team Vincent,,Baltas gas station,,Dan Ayr gas station,Wilmot R&G club all have trail access,...I see your on a cat across the road and down a little is Ayr tractor u can park there also Cat dealer thats if u dont want the TVM boys to make a Doo out of that cat....Welcome to the forum.

Thanks everyone...hope to see you all out there this season..

Kev

letz all hope we get the snow down south here,im in elmira and its been pretty thin in years lately .........fingers crossed............iwant to see a crap-load o miles put on that elmira groomer this year!!!

letz all hope we get the snow down south here,im in elmira and its been pretty thin in years lately .........fingers crossed............iwant to see a crap-load o miles put on that elmira groomer

this year!!!

Elmira was awesome last winter. I made it over to the cross roads restutant a few times. Trails were flat and fast. Elmira seemed to have good snow coverage. Tried heading east towards floradale and it was pretty thin.

yes last year was ok,previous to that,groomer stayed parked............love it when i can pull outa my garage,go 100 feet and theres the trail........thats what does it for me!!!! i can only hope

I managed 30 miles last march in Elmira wad surprised how good the trails were. Let's hope this year is better

I managed 30 miles last march in Elmira wad surprised how good the trails were. Let's hope this year is better

They were great in the middle of feb. Long weekend had the best conditions of the year! All golden triangle trails were flat and fast. First went out around feb 6, last ride was march 5. Rode every week pretty much. Milverton was top notch for a month too, even Arthur had good trails.

many also park at the highschool , Waterloo Oxford in Baden....right besdie the trail....

They were great in the middle of feb. Long weekend had the best conditions of the year! All golden triangle trails were flat and fast. First went out around feb 6, last ride was march 5. Rode every week pretty much. Milverton was top notch for a month too, even Arthur had good trails.

I went through the Milverton area a few times last year, the trails were always in great shape!

Cheers....

St Clements allows parking for their members cheers. A membership is 10 bucks for the season. Maybe see you there!

Thanks for all the help ...

Hope to meet you all out there this year ..I'm pumped...

I have been out of sledding for years ..back into it again this year..new sled ..new trailer ..

Sitting on four sleds and two trailers at the moment ..lol..have to get rid of at least one of each ...LOL

Welome to St Clements!  We do have parking and encourage people who would like to park be a member.  As a member we encourage you volunteer in some capacity (many different positions and tasks needed and fully trained for :)  Here's to a snowy 2014!

Thanks Snogirl ...

I will definetly be joining and of course do some volunteering when I can ..

Archived