wawa trails march 10,11,12 /2013

slomo

Sorry Slomo I will delete my post, I was having a bad day club wise...... and to top it off people keep on telling me things being said abou me in my back and whats makes me mad is I helped those people.... As a Moderator I can delete posts. Last night I was at the point as before (last Fall) ..... I was in the groomer shop.... prepping the groomer, alone and getting things organised, I had benn there since 4pm and ended leaving past 9pm without even having dinner........ anyways... I asked myslef...." Why do I bother to do all this crap and get crap from people localy... " I'm at my end, starting to wish this snow melts... when I think that way its not good.... wish we where back in the 90's when things where simple and fun in the clubs..... now we have a ton of paper work to do and all the rest....

my first post will be deleted.

I will wait for you guys to see this one then will deleted too.

Sorry Slomo I will delete my post, I was having a bad day club wise...... and to top it off people keep on telling me things being said abou me in my back and whats makes me mad is I helped those people.... As a Moderator I can delete posts. last night I was at the point as before (last Fall) ..... I was in the groomer shop.... preping the groomer alone and getting things organised, I had benn there since 4pm andended leaving past 9pm without having dinner........ anyways... I asked myslef...." Why do I bother to do all this crap and get crap from people localy... " I'm at my end and starting to wish this snow melts... when I think that way its not good.... wish we where back in the 90's when things where simple and fun in the clubs..... now we are a ton of paper work to do and all the rest....

You are not alone . That is the way all of the remaining folks are feeling . We have got to get this message heard . Less paperwork =more fun and more fun =more volunteers.

Sorry Slomo I will delete my post, I was having a bad day club wise...... and to top it off people keep on telling me things being said abou me in my back and whats makes me mad is I helped those people.... As a Moderator I can delete posts. Last night I was at the point as before (last Fall) ..... I was in the groomer shop.... prepping the groomer, alone and getting things organised, I had benn there since 4pm and ended leaving past 9pm without even having dinner........ anyways... I asked myslef...." Why do I bother to do all this crap and get crap from people localy... " I'm at my end, starting to wish this snow melts... when I think that way its not good.... wish we where back in the 90's when things where simple and fun in the clubs..... now we have a ton of paper work to do and all the rest....

Don't take things so seriously! anywhoo, determined to help keep the northern clubs open and functioning, and perhaps inspired by your hard work GG, I bought my permit from your club this year. (tough choice in the awards category for who got my permit - South Seguin was high in points due to another tireless volunteer named wild bill who froze his testicles clearing brush from trails ) My plan was to ride up from Wawa, but the blizzard kept me closer to where we were staying. Maybe next year!

Don't take things so seriously! anywhoo, determined to help keep the northern clubs open and functioning, and perhaps inspired by your hard work GG, I bought my permit from your club this year. (tough choice in the awards category for who got my permit - South Seguin was high in points due to another tireless volunteer named wild bill who froze his testicles clearing brush from trails ) My plan was to ride up from Wawa, but the blizzard kept me closer to where we were staying. Maybe next year!

Thats not where the frostbite was

slomo, again thanks for the trip report. we need to get together when you are up there to show you more of the area.

Luc, you have to stop letting other people have power over you.... let it go. know in your heart, you, and the few in dub, and the other local and regional clubs are the only ones keeping the linked trails open from hearst, to timmins and beyond. THAT IS YOUR PAY OFF. YOU KNOW IN YOUR HEARTS, YOU HAVE DONE ALL YOU CAN FOR YOUR COMMUNITIES.

there are several smaller clubs in the region doing more with less, hornepayne, chapleau, dub, wawa, ect...Luc, Gord, Russ, and a few others i have not been fortunate enough to meet in the wawa area, and ALL OF your tireless efforts are keeping the north section of the algoma region open, for not only tourists but, locals as well. my hat is off to all of you guys. i just wish i was closer to be able to do more.

when these very under appreciated volunteering individuals have had enough of getting pushed around, the trails up there will be no more. that is when the "real whining" will start. then it will be... "why are the trails not opened?" "why are the trails not groomed this year?"

some people, even though they know it is a "user based" system... will complain even if they dont support, help or buy permits from the local level. it would be nice at some point, if the local sledding population of the community, would support these clubs as a whole. knowing they will lose smooth access to their camps, their friends camps, fishing and hunting areas if they dont participate by at least, buying trail permits.

also the districts and the ofsc has to agree that they need to assist these remote clubs by allowing more local loops, day rides ect for the local populous to get involved with the club. if they only allow top trail links with no local loops, the local casual sledders see no reason to join organized sledding as it is now.... because all they can do is ride out and back to the next town.

it is really sad that many do not realize how close this district is to closing like district 16 did. if you dont think it can happen.... you are part of the problem. IT IS VERY CLOSE.

keep fighting guys, THANK YOU ALL, FOR ALL OF YOUR TIME AWAY FROM FAMILY, FRIENDS, WORK, AND THINGS YOU WOULD RATHER BE DOING, LIKE RIDING THE TRAILS ON YOUR OWN SLEDS, INSTEAD OF A GROOMER. you have lots of support, more than you know. Ski

THANK YOU ALL, FOR ALL OF YOUR TIME AWAY FROM FAMILY, FRIENDS, WORK, AND THINGS YOU WOULD RATHER BE DOING, LIKE RIDING THE TRAILS ON YOUR OWN SLEDS, INSTEAD OF A GROOMER. you have lots of support, more than you know. Ski

Ditto.

edit - thanks for cleaning up this thread Luc. Offending posts have been removed.

Yeah - it was appearing that there was something missing there...

Now at least I know....

Archived