Magnetawan food

b-bry

We're planning a trip into Magnetawan this weekend. As far as I know, the only place to eat is the hotel since the restaurant burned down in 2011. Am I correct, or is there somewhere else to eat in the general area?

Thats about it BB....next door to the hotel same building is like a little deli.

I haven't been to Magnetawan since 2011 (wasn't me) , did not know the restaraunt burned down. I remember there was about three places to eat. The hotel , and two restaraunts kiddy corner from each other. One was licenced and one was not. That town has a history of fire.. I bought a snowmobile from the Ski-doo dealer there in 2002 and the next year it was gone ( burnt)

Ron

not sure if the hotel/bar is still open. I know it was up for sale, apparaently someone purchased it, but I believe when we were up in the fall , I am getting older and my memory isn't the greatest, it was closed.

Schmeler Hotel is closed. Only food is on Ahmic Lake. Ahmic Lake Resort mentioned above or Ahmic Harbour Hotel at the north end. Both have good grub.

Aw yes, another seedy dining establishment with slow service and second-rate food bites the dust. We'll look for these other two places.

There are a couple other places to eat on Ahmic Lake. The Quiet Bay Motel has a sign up on the lake trail they have a small restaurant that is open for breakfast and lunch only. Not sure how the food quality is though. The Swiss House is on Ahmic Lake too, not sure if you can get to it by sled though. I know alot of the locals eat here. There are other ad signs out on the lake near Quiet Bay sign but I haven't noticed if one of them is there's. You could try calling them to see if you can get to them SAFELY by sled.

Just talked to one of the Mag locals. There is a sign on the lake for the Swiss House and you can get to it by sled. Says you come off lake south of it and come up through the trailer park. Reminded me Quiet Bay is only open till 2 or 3 p.m.. Hope this helps enjoy the trails.

Just talked to one of the Mag locals. There is a sign on the lake for the Swiss House and you can get to it by sled. Says you come off lake south of it and come up through the trailer park. Reminded me Quiet Bay is only open till 2 or 3 p.m.. Hope this helps enjoy the trails.

Fire242....I'm thinking the Swiss House is AT Ahmic Lake Resort. Through the trailer park is the way to go. They feed the deer there and nice waterfall to look at.

Does anyone know if there is gas available in Magnetawan, or anywhere else north or west of Sprucedale?

There's gas in Ahmic Harbour, just west of Magnetawan, right across from the Ahmic Barbour Hotel at the top end of the lake. It's a couple of hundred feet from where the trail comes off the lake (go right).

BTW, we ate at that hotel on Saturday. Service was good, food good (the fries were excellent!!), would go there again. Most of the trails were eleven out of ten! We started in Humphrey, rode the Seguin to Sprucedale, then 704, 711, 712 to Magnetawan, then down 101 to the Seguin and home. 101 was getting a little worn late in the day, as was the Seguin, but far better than we expected late on a Saturday. The 700 trails were fabulous.

not sure if the hotel/bar is still open. I know it was up for sale, apparaently someone purchased it, but I believe when we were up in the fall , I am getting older and my memory isn't the greatest, it was closed.

it was closed in the fall,,, november

Does anyone know if there is gas available in Magnetawan, or anywhere else north or west of Sprucedale?

Gas available in Port Carmen east of the Mag right where you come off Cecebe on 712 trail.

b-bry

I believe we sat beside you at Ahmic Harbour. We had the fish and chips.

And yes, all trails were superlative right thru the week-end. Rode Sunday afternoon in Almaguin on trails better than we've seen on Sunday in years. Thank the stars it turned cold Thursday night because prior to that it had not dropped below 0 all week.

b-bry

I believe we sat beside you at Ahmic Harbour. We had the fish and chips.

And yes, all trails were superlative right thru the week-end. Rode Sunday afternoon in Almaguin on trails better than we've seen on Sunday in years. Thank the stars it turned cold Thursday night because prior to that it had not dropped below 0 all week.

Which group? Were you there when we arrived, or were you the group that came in after we were seated? We sat right in the back corner by the shuffleboard table.

gas available at the marina in magnetawan too.

regular grade but non ethanol.

lady was very nice there.

big volume in the summer from all the boats, seemed to be pretty busy the other weekedn too.

Archived