North Bay and Orillia Trip Report..Jan 27-28

Turbo Doo

Ok, so last weeked we decided to head to the cottage in Orillia and take a day trip and ride from North Bay over to Mattawa and back on saturday. Early saturday morning we arrived at the Sand Dam park and ride lot just north of North Bay on Hwy.11, were A102Q meets top AD. Left there heading towards Mattawa. We rode the NB308 all the way to A112A. Trails were in fine form. Loved the run along the NB308. Seems like a old logging road or winter road thats not used. Can really ride around the C-note on that one..HEHE!! A112A over to Mattawa was pretty good. Not perfect, but pretty good for the amount of traffic. Once in Mattawa we took the Hwy.17 bridge over for gas. 3 gas stations in Mattawa. One by Myrts Grill at the end of the trail were you do the river crossing, and 2 over the bridge on Hwy.17. From there we rode over to the Valois for lunch. Next we rode back to North Bay via the A trail. Very nice running all the way back into the Portage were we fueled back up, on our way back up the top AD trail to the truck. Great trails, loved running the lakes( Trout and a little section on Nosbonsing)..All in all great day trip and the trails i would say were about 7 out of 10..Can always use MORE snow..Sunday we decided to run from the cottage for a little tour down the rail line, this time the wife rode with me..Father-in-law deciced to rest up for our trip to Cochrane starting Feb 7..Heres a few pic's to share...

Cool pics IQ. Glad you had a good run. Love stopping in Mattawa for a bite at both Myrts and Valois. Hope to get over there again real soon.

That's why i recommend:

I wouldn't recommend heading to New Liskeard this week. Temagami & Marten River just started grooming today. NBSC - Mattawa & Bonfield trails all reported as very good, lots of snow today. All 3 NBSC Groomers working today. East of Mattawa on TOP A is great. South of Trout Lake not good according to several reports. The rain, depending on quantity, should help pack the trails as the snow is very dry and hard to pack.

Leave from The Portage north on TOP AD to A102Q to NB308 to A112A to Mattawa and return on TOP A and TOP A1 on Trout Lake to The Portage.

should be 8 or 9 out of 10 after today's snow and hopefully a little bit of rain to really pack those trails hard.

Thanks for the report IQ and great pics.

Very cool pics, my sled(the IQ turbo) looks good on the trail ha ha , this weekend i finally get to take mine out and see how she works.

Ireverent, Mrs. IrREVerent, Moosifer and I were in Mattawa for the weekend. Rode from Mattawa to Bonfield (Dinner Bell) and back on Saturday. I agree with your report of A112A. A little rough by the end of Saturday, but I have ridden (much) worse.

Ireverent, Mrs. IrREVerent, Moosifer and I were in Mattawa for the weekend. Rode from Mattawa to Bonfield (Dinner Bell) and back on Saturday. I agree with your report of A112A. A little rough by the end of Saturday, but I have ridden (much) worse.

Same here SJ, Have rode much worse..

Thanks for report and pictures! The rail line you rode in Orillia - is that trail B112B ? or B105C ?

Not too familiar with the trails in the Orillia area and didn't think they got much snow, but your pics and the OFSC map show them as in good shape.

Where are you planning on riding?

we are heading to kearney thursday afternoon for the weekend

Thanks for report and pictures! The rail line you rode in Orillia - is that trail B112B ? or B105C ?

Not too familiar with the trails in the Orillia area and didn't think they got much snow, but your pics and the OFSC map show them as in good shape.

The rail line runs from the Park and Ride on Ridge road down towards Barrie, all the way into Orillia.The B112B it is..

Looking forward to a post from Brian Baker either late Wednesday or early Thursday as to how things held up in his area. I'm in London and that is my driving limit for a weekend. If its still pretty good, it could possibly be a long weekend.

we are heading to kearney thursday afternoon for the weekend

I will cross my fingers and toes for you. We migh be in the area on saturday for a little ride before our trip next week..Will keep an eye out for you if the weather cooperates..

I will cross my fingers and toes for you. We migh be in the area on saturday for a little ride before our trip next week..Will keep an eye out for you if the weather cooperates..

we decided to wait till friday to go up, alot of bad weather around here and we know the trails are currently closed waiting for the water to drain off

They are needing fresh snow and its in the weekendforcast so we are hoping saturday we can get some miles on

if you see a matching IQ turbo coming towards you and a guy waving its likely me

i got the OC sticker on the windshield

we decided to wait till friday to go up, alot of bad weather around here and we know the trails are currently closed waiting for the water to drain off

They are needing fresh snow and its in the weekendforcast so we are hoping saturday we can get some miles on

if you see a matching IQ turbo coming towards you and a guy waving its likely me

i got the OC sticker on the windshield

Will do..

Archived