4 charged with DUI on south simcoe trails

Sledguy74

Well more bad press we do not need, OPP charged 4 sledders with DUI today on south sincoe trails

Fellas this can ruin it for all of us!

Also a sled went through the ice on Orr lake friday. Why do seasoned riders take the risk so early in the season??

CTV Barrie covers alot about snowmobiling which is great but we don't need news like this.

Well more bad press we do not need, OPP charged 4 sledders with DUI today on south sincoe trails

Fellas this can ruin it for all of us!

Also a sled went through the ice on Orr lake friday. Why do seasoned riders take the risk so early in the season??

CTV Barrie covers alot about snowmobiling which is great but we don't need news like this.

That dumbazz Colby said that 3" of ice was safe enough to support a snowmobile. I'd like to see him ride on that w/ his own sled.

I darn near choked on my pizza when he said 3". Do these guys ever research their info? I wont walk out on 3" ice fishing.Sled dont hit the ice till at least 8" just to be on the safe side and that's only on Cooch or St John here where we know the ice we usually access.Otherwise i wait till the club has staked before I venture any farther.

Kerry

yea his infor wasn't very accurate.

Im glad those clowns were caught

I darn near choked on my pizza when he said 3". Do these guys ever research their info? I wont walk out on 3" ice fishing.Sled dont hit the ice till at least 8" just to be on the safe side and that's only on Cooch or St John here where we know the ice we usually access.Otherwise i wait till the club has staked before I venture any farther.

Kerry

Hope the idiot enjoys the lawsuits

Do these guys ever research their info :rolleyes: ? I wont walk out on 3"

I check the creek we run to get out of Apsley thoroughly before I run my sled on it.

Looks good to get the drunks off the trail. Now the question. Were they DUI when they set out or did they get that way over too many in the local watering hole while riding. So many claim there's nothing wrong with having a few then riding. I bet these guys thought exactly the same and believed they were totally in control.

Glad they caught the drunks

That is one thing about here in Manitoba, way more drunks on the trails way more

I have a 1-2 beer limit when riding but have seen guys drink 8-12beers and stagger to their sleds and ride

Glad they caught the drunks

That is one thing about here in Manitoba, way more drunks on the trails way more

I have a 1-2 beer limit when riding but have seen guys drink 8-12beers and stagger to their sleds and ride

im in sk how can you see that far

kidding

zero beero for this guy whislt riding anyone can go fast its the stopping that gets ya

and you speil beers wrong lol

hey freezy the lockout is OVER get the pool going

Got em' off the trails before they got somebody else or themselves.

i also find trail side garbage with a pile of beer cans very upsetting..........no need for either!

i also find trail side garbage with a pile of beer cans very upsetting..........no need for either!

yeah but if the cops stop them with empties they are just in more trouble

Last spring I took a ride down E107 in the Ranger south of Jack's Lake. I think I got over 5 bucks in empties. Didn't even get to the Little Jack's Lake turnoff.

Kerry

8 Inches of ice will hold a full size pickup truck. 3 inches will hold a snowmobile no problem, where the problem with 3 inches is that 200 feet away from there could be 1 Inch.

Last spring I took a ride down E107 in the Ranger south of Jack's Lake. I think I got over 5 bucks in empties. Didn't even get to the Little Jack's Lake turnoff.

I pick them up too. Figure all we need is a TV crew filming a bunch of mty’s. I’m no angel, I might have a beer or two throughout the day but that’s the extent of it. Seeing garbage just pi$$es me off!

Or seeing a nicely constructed outhouse that a club had gone to the effort and expense to build..just to have it filled with empties.

8 Inches of ice will hold a full size pickup truck. 3 inches will hold a snowmobile no problem, where the problem with 3 inches is that 200 feet away from there could be 1 Inch.

Standard Ice Charts that I have seen show 12 to 15 inches for a medium truck and 5 inches for a sled. 3 inches is not even recommended for walking!

Beer bottle on the trail ends up being broken glass on the trail. I pick them up all season long. I swear it pays for a tank a year for me.

RR

they packed it in they can pack it out.

I agree take pictures and leave tracks... that's it

Kerry

I emailed VRLand about the 3" comment & included the MN DNR ice safety chart. If anyone else feels like emailing them their address is barrienews@ctv.ca

2 season ago I picked up a sleigh full of empties on the trails.

We went out to get the last of our signage and was a very profitable day

yup one of the last rides of 2012 the amount of empties between flynns and harcourt was staggering they were eberywhere on 212 and e108 up to e trail

Thanks to the OPP for laying the charges. NO need for them to be anywhere near sleds or OFSC trails..This is where i like to see the OPP doing a good job. Do not mind the stops set up for checking for insurance, license etc, but kudos for the charges..

Archived