Trail Head in Cambridge

schmied

I noticed last year (by car) that the trail had moved a few hundred meters. This year it's totally missing from it's normal starting point. The closest I could pick it up was on Kossuth Rd at Compact Sod, crossing into the old Flag Raiders property. I circled the block to see if the trail 'came out' anywhere and didn't see it. Does anyone know if we're supposed to be using the Sod Farm lot as a staging area, or perhaps the Flag Raiders for parking?

You are right about the new trail ending at Flag Raiders but I'm not sure about the parking. You could ask at Compact Sod. they would know for sure.

You are right about the new trail ending at Flag Raiders but I'm not sure about the parking. You could ask at Compact Sod. they would know for sure.

Since, by it's very design, it's a feeder trail, or access trail, you'd expect some parking. If you can't unload without parking, it's pointless.

The Sod folks are closed up until Jan 7th. They are quite generous with trail access so I hope they are with their lot as well.

Since, by it's very design, it's a feeder trail, or access trail, you'd expect some parking. If you can't unload without parking, it's pointless.

The Sod folks are closed up until Jan 7th. They are quite generous with trail access so I hope they are with their lot as well.

Personally, I think the clubs have their hands full just dealing with the trails based on the volunteer labour that is available and the funds available. Maintaining parking lots may not be of the highest priority. You may wish to call Cambridge club executive Jim Mclaughlin at his work 519-623-1520 if you need an answer before the 7th.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering,did anyone find out the actual trailhead location re;parking,etc...not that it looks like its gonna be needed!!

Just wondering,did anyone find out the actual trailhead location re;parking,etc...not that it looks like its gonna be needed!!

I go by each day and I haven't noticed both the gates at flagraiders open yet nor any plowing of the lane and parking lot. That may only be because the trails weren't opened though.

I go by each day and I haven't noticed both the gates at flagraiders open yet nor any plowing of the lane and parking lot. That may only be because the trails weren't opened though.

Thx for the reply,,if we ever get any snow in this area, I've been wondering where we would launch from now.I think its been a couple years since we've ridden close to home.

• 1 month later...

it looks like the staging area is the flag raiders parking lot..

For anyone interested in this....

I went in to ask at Compact Sod and they welcomed me to park in their lot. They did request that we stage on the side of the building closest to Shantz Station Road. They sell salt on the other side to snow removal crews and need that area open.

• 9 months later...

Anyone know if Compact Sod is going to be allowing truck/trailer parking this year,, supposing we get the opportunity to ride in the area??

Anyone know if Compact Sod is going to be allowing truck/trailer parking this year,, supposing we get the opportunity to ride in the area??

If you are from Guelph I would suggest you go up to the Trail crossing on Silvercreek just before Marden Road. There is parking there and you can head up the railway line. It's probably closer for you than Compact Sod and gives you some route choices a very short way up the bed.

I didn't realize there was parking at the railbed on silvercreek,,assuming we are talking the same area?

I didn't realize there was parking at the railbed on silvercreek,,assuming we are talking the same area?

There is on the right side going north. Unless there is alot of snow and no one has cleared the area. In that case just go up to Marden Road and turn left. Lots of people park on the side of the road at the trail  as the shoulder is wide or you can go up to the general store in Ariss if you don't want to park on the side of the road.

Thx PLC,,I will have to take a tour down that way this weekend in the truck and check it out,,by chance is it on the map as a trailhead?

• 2 weeks later...

So it is ok to park at Compact Sod or should I go ask? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

So it is ok to park at Compact Sod or should I go ask? Thanks

It was last year.  I'd go in and double check where they'd prefer you to park.  Offer a hearty thank you for their support as well, we run a lot of sod farm land.

On another note, are there land owner issues preventing the trail from opening over to Bridgeport? Green trails after the red Cambridge segment so something is up...

On another note, are there land owner issues preventing the trail from opening over to Bridgeport? Green trails after the red Cambridge segment so something is up...

NVM, just went green :drool-1:

Green now, I think they had left those areas until last to run a groomer through. Dead end trail and Cambridge trail Tee's off even closer to Bridgeport now.

• 2 weeks later...

Riding from home now then blackstar?

Archived