Snow forecasted for xmas week

polarisracing1

Looks like a colder winter for sure. As a result storms stay farther south, so the eastern part of the province gets more snow then the west for now. Niagara got close to a foot last night two. 4" on the flat here west of Kitchener. Head 35 mins north and only 2" lies on the ground. Good year to sled to turkey point.

Hopefully the snow stays, another good dumping and it will be a good ride to the TP hotel!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

calling for up to 5 more cms friday and 5 more again saturday.........that might be enough to pack around Elmira

Wish Niigata still had a trail system. Would be neat going through wine country

There are ways.....just need snow. If anybody told me I would be riding a snowmobile in Niagara on December 27th, I would have laughed in his face.

Ktmkirby, once we get more snow maybe you could lead a ride through wine country!

i hope this is the souths turn(sorry north),but if theres one thing i miss its wakin up at 7.00 am,havin a nice breakfast,dress,and sled out my driveway,down 100 feet of road,and on to the trail to meet my buds for a nice ride north to arthur,meet my other bud,ride wherever,and stop for one of those juicy fried onion conestoga clubhouse burgers.....ahhhhhhhh.....two stroke oil and fried onions.....truly does it ever get better than that.....ooops i just sprouted a Snowner(snow-boner)!!!! :icon_lolsign:

i hope this is the souths turn(sorry north),but if theres one thing i miss its wakin up at 7.00 am,havin a nice breakfast,dress,and sled out my driveway,down 100 feet of road,and on to the trail to meet my buds for a nice ride north to arthur,meet my other bud,ride wherever,and stop for one of those juicy fried onion conestoga clubhouse burgers.....ahhhhhhhh.....two stroke oil and fried onions.....truly does it ever get better than that.....ooops i just sprouted a Snowner(snow-boner)!!!! :icon_lolsign:

Me too! I take my sled to work too!

Ktmkirby, once we get more snow maybe you could lead a ride through wine country!

I'll see if I can put something together. We would need more snow though.

Snowing at 8am again and they are calling for 5-10cms today.

It's begening to look a lot like snowmobile season.

Woke up to snowy skies here too

Put a coat of wax on the sled last night

Want to add a few studs then all ready

I see the R is in the forecast for the 10th of jan. hopefully we get more snow before then. Staying cold otherwise.

thanks for not saying the rest of R....I WOULD NEED MEDS I THINK!

So with all this snow coming down in particular in the Toronto area since so many believe that if they don't see snow outside there windows it isn't anywhere else either has there been an upswing in permit sales from those that said this year they would wait for the snow.

Had so much fun riding through wine country I only took one picture! Daughter had her first ride on a sled.....i should've had one of these years ago, she loved it!229800_10151317595154375_704688001_n.jpg

Hard to tell but do I see a couple of sleds without a permit there.

i have a feeling youll see more of those this year ,because of last season....i noticed a ton of people without one last year...they are usually the ones ridin real fast!

He did say, they where riding in wine country.. Which is Niagara area (where he does list his location), and there are no OFSC trails there, so no need for a permit.

I see the R is in the forecast for the 10th of jan. hopefully we get more snow before then. Staying cold otherwise.

i just looked at the 14 day trend and it doesnt call for any R nor does it show the temp going above 0 C

I know alot can change in 2 weeks but it looks ok so far

don't think they are on a ''ofsc'' trail...

one of the sleds, blue in the back corner has the current permit. You're right. I don't know where they are. Just would be nice to see the permits and know they support the system that is out there. Can't resist the urge to encourage people to buy a permit and ride our trails I guess,

The best part is to see people out enjoying the snow.

We are on my friends farm and surrounding farms that we have permission to ride.....no permits needed. Dirtbike in summer, sled in winter. That being said, we all have permits, both OFSC and NY State....you can see my classic sticker on the windshield of the XTC. Some guys are still waiting for theirs in the mail. There are no OFSC trails here anyway. I don't even know where the closest one is. We ride farms, Eastside Trail along the canal, rail trails, Niagara Pkwy....nothing groomed or as pristine as the North, but it's all we got, and we may have it for only a few weeks.

We are on my friends farm and surrounding farms that we have permission to ride.....no permits needed. Dirtbike in summer, sled in winter. That being said, we all have permits, both OFSC and NY State....you can see my classic sticker on the windshield of the XTC. Some guys are still waiting for theirs in the mail. There are no OFSC trails here anyway. I don't even know where the closest one is. We ride farms, Eastside Trail along the canal, rail trails, Niagara Pkwy....nothing groomed or as pristine as the North, but it's all we got, and we may have it for only a few weeks.

Cool... nice to have that option. Happy sledding

Archived