Snow forecasted for xmas week

polarisracing1

Well ,i will say its a white xmas by rights (locally)....Apparently from this mornings forecast,snow will grace us all week,with 5-10cm or more on wednesday(its a nice suprise that its staying cold for a change)....my fingers are crossed! :icon_hyper:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ThE lake effect is coming in as well on the west side of Stratford. Mitchell could be ready to go in a week

Only downside Is we need 30 cm soon. At least frost Is going in ground.

it will arrive......

Christ it better snow soon or im gonna lose it,just saw some pix and video of ferney bc....OMG ...the other extreme tons o snow.....the cold here continues for a bit...but longe range shows another warming cycle after jan 4th,and if i see another drop of rain im gonna puke :pukewar: ....better not :icon_hyper:

ktmkirby, nice shots, what part of NY state?

Snow in forecast now for Wednesday. Up to 6 inches for southern ontario. Maybe we will get 12 and lake effect behind it. Giddy up!

Near Ellicottville. A shorter drive for me than heading North.

Snow in forecast now for Wednesday. Up to 6 inches for southern ontario. Maybe we will get 12 and lake effect behind it. Giddy up!

CTV News Barrie just reported cold and snow for most of the next 7 days for Muskoka.

long range shows another warming cycle after jan 4th,and if i see another drop of rain im gonna puke :pukewar: ....better not :icon_hyper:

I heard that ....

They're calling for 7 days of sun for us. Zero snow. Gonna put the trail pass on the Polaris Quad.

my trailer is ready either way

Really nice looking fresh snow! wish we had that much around here! It will come.

Thanks for posting.

for elmira this morning...wed forecasted 15- 20 cm......im not going to get another set of blue balls...im going to re-calculate that as meaning 1-2 cm....then i wont be aching when my date sends me home..lol

Optimistic.

for elmira this morning...wed forecasted 15- 20 cm......im not going to get another set of blue balls...im going to re-calculate that as meaning 1-2 cm....then i wont be aching when my date sends me home..lol

Pessimistic.

The two extremes on this forum!

Near Ellicottville. A shorter drive for me than heading North.

Love going to Ellicottville to ski, might just have to add the trailer and try some of the trails!

Do you have a link to a trail map? Is a permit required for NY state trails?

I know this is Ontario Conditions, but here's some NY conditions.20600_10151305139454375_360944485_n.jpg406694_10151305139169375_79793706_n.jpg

Beauty!! :drool-1: We just might be doing the same by the weekend!!!! :hyper:

Love going to Ellicottville to ski, might just have to add the trailer and try some of the trails!

It's linked to your val tag, but I'm not sure how it works for out of state sleds, some states allow out of state sledders ride for free. So I have read...

http://www.jimapco.com/maproom/snowmobile/nys/

Trails aren't officially open yet. These pics are on a state forest road near our cabin. Just finished rebuilding it and took it out for a quick test ride.

Yes you need a permit.....$35 if you join a club, plus you need to register your sled in NY State. Not sure how to register sled yet for Canadians, I left a message, and missed the return call......she's sending me an email. I'll pass on the info when I get it.

now they have downplayed as we get closer.....15 -20cm....is now 5-10 cm..........unbelievable....here we go again....lol

Friggin frustrating doesnt even begin to describe how this makes me feel. Why do they always get the rain and the warm weather right. I'm off to cuba until Jan 5 anyway, so everyone do the snow dance. Our club is ready to go as soon as that Beo@#$# mothernature cooperates.

if she does be sure to come on down to D5 Science Hill Drifters (St. Mary's) on Saturday Jan 26 for radar run, poker run, steak bbq, karaoke, cash bar, (designated driving via school bus is available if staying locally)

Friggin frustrating doesnt even begin to describe how this makes me feel. Why do they always get the rain and the warm weather right. I'm off to cuba until Jan 5 anyway, so everyone do the snow dance. Our club is ready to go as soon as

that Beo@#$#

mothernature cooperates.

if she does be sure to come on down to D5 Science Hill Drifters (St. Mary's) on Saturday

Jan 26 for radar run, poker run, steak bbq,

karaoke, cash bar, (designated driving via school

bus is available if staying locally)

Great info. Love the st mary's club. Two years

ago they had snow almost up to our armpits. So

hopefully they will get snow soon. You trailer to

the clubhouse?? Got a new etec 600, hoping to get it broke in soon, before doing the rap tour in 4 weeks.

Viper

you can trailer right to our clubhouse and park both truck and trailer. Go right through town to the south edge, then turn right at the Esso gas station (left and before town if coming into town from hwy 7 then prospect hill rd) any way the turn is before of just past the beer store (great landmark) depending on which direction you are coming from. The road bends and we are on the left after the bend.

Yeah, year before last we had "snomeggadon" I got well over 3 feet just at my house in a couple of days and just 15 minutes away they had over 5. In fact it was too much at once, as grooming was a nightmare and since it started falling on Dec 8, there were some trails that were not even staked because crops were still in the occasional spot.

it was an awesome winter as thats the year that I got my 600 etec

http://www.jimapco.com/maproom/snowmobile/nys/

Trails aren't officially open yet. These pics are on a state forest road near our cabin. Just finished rebuilding it and took it out for a quick test ride.

Yes you need a permit.....$35 if you join a club, plus you need to register your sled in NY State. Not sure how to register sled yet for Canadians, I left a message, and missed the return call......she's sending me an email. I'll pass on the info when I get it.

Looks like you have to register it in NY as well...

http://nysparks.com/recreation/snowmobiles/registration.aspx

Looks like you have to register it in NY as well...

http://nysparks.com...gistration.aspx

Yes, and you can do it online if you live out of State, but not if you're out of Country. I'll just have to go to the DMV when I'm down there. Calling for 25 - 35 cm tomorrow.

Archived