First Trail Opening For 2012/2013

Snowbiz

Take a look on the Interactive Trail Guide and you will see a total of 24.3 Km's of trail Limited Availability at Hearst. I can see it now 600 snowmobiles, nose to tail, riding back and forth! ! !

Wonder if they were 'first to open'. :D

And I love that image. 600 sleds, nose to tail.

That song Convoy..comes to mind...

Don't count on it, there's not 600 sleds up here .... well, maybe. There's enough closed club trails in Hearst that they're pounding on in the meantime. They won't bother with a run like that until they can go to Kapuskasing & back. Nice to see at least a couple open though. There's a section at Smooth Rock Falls that's open now as well.

Hi, I'm new to the site. Just back into riding after a 15 year break. Bought an old Cheyenne 1990 from an estate sale last summer, already got near 200 km on it this year running the trails on the BIL's property, pulling the kids on the GT's. I'm also the mechanic at B&B Auto Sports & Marine in Hearst, so if you're on the way thru, stop in !

https://www.facebook.com/BnBAutoSportsMarineInc?ref=hl

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks ! Rode the sled out to the brother-in-law's property last night to fetch up my Ski Boose, 18km round trip. Good thing I've got carbides, trails closed and not much snow on the roads. Figured I wanted one of the sleighs in town so I can haul the family around and enjoy the Christmas lights one evening. It's been too many years since I've been out sledding, I want to enjoy it as much as I can !

The other sleigh is a big plywood / tin flat bottomed thing that we use out there to pack their trails. We got a couple of inches yesterday/today, every little bit helps.

Welcome to the forum!

x 2...good to have inside man in hearst..

B&B is that the skidoo dealer accross from the Companion? I know John that owned that shop for years. Ski

That's the place. John is no longer with us (passed away) and I've been here just a couple of months. I've been working on cars elsewhere for 5 years hoping a spot came up, and it did ! Tim is the Brunet's son, and he's managing the operation now. This seems to be a record sales year for sleds over the last 20 or so years.

Apparently the 2012 Registrations data at the MTO indicates we (Ski-Doo) in the Hearst area holds something like 63.? % market share of registered sleds this year .... there are 3 dealerships, 4 brands .... we're looking good ! We've got 4 sleds left from the 2013 inventory, and a couple of '12's.

Oh, and make sure to visit the B&B Facebook page & Like it, share it with your friends. Good old free advertising for us, and it might help out a friend someday !

• 4 weeks later...

sorry, I missed this Denis, and VERY sorry to hear about John. he was a good man. i had an accident up there in 2002, john took VERY GOOD CARE of me while we waited for friends that lived in Hornepayne to come get me. i was treated at the hopital in Hearst, and then they took me to hornepayne over night, and then we met my wife in the Soo the next afternoon to get me home to the surgeon.

i ALWAYS stop in and buy something at the shop when we are in town, to repay John for his hospitality.

Ski

We had our clutch blow up last season just as the trail turns south to go down into Hornepayne. We called the doo dealership in Hearst, and they sent a pick-up out with the guys dad and got our GSX back to the shop and repaired and on our way. We owe them big time. Great bunch of guys, and sorry to hear about the Dad..Gotta love the Northern Ontario Dealerships and there hospitality..

Archived