Gas Station Closures & Openings

revrnd

Not sure if this has been posted before but the Formula 21 gas station in SRF is closed. Gas is still available at the Esso a bit east (also on Hwy 11).

Been through SRF many many times and never knew there was any other gas other than the Esso at Smoothies.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been through SRF many many times and never knew there was any other gas other than the Esso at Smoothies.

It was the 1st business east of the river on the north side

post-19781-0-53415400-1454906697_thumb.jpg

Mattagami River bridge that TOP A passes under is visible behind the tractor trailer. Pic was taken in July of 2014.

What's the status of the gas station in Estaire? By the looks of the signage in May of 2012, it's no longer a Cango

post-19781-0-35694600-1454907027_thumb.jpg

Is there a gas station in Gogama? I have a waypoint for 1 near the Stardust Motel. I was under the impression that the only gas was @ Minakwa Lodge & the Mattagam FN. Google Earth doesn't help.

Last year we gassed up at  a general store on Henry St. and Poupose St. If you go to Google maps down to street view you can click over to the store.

Last year we gassed up at  a general store on Henry St. and Poupose St. If you go to Google maps down to street view you can click over to the store.

Thanks, that's where Google takes me.

Does Katrine Marine sell gas? I have a "gas" waypoint for it about halfway between Hwy 11 & Doe Lake. 

Haven't been there this year but last season he was selling Gas.

Does Katrine Marine sell gas? I have a "gas" waypoint for it about halfway between Hwy 11 & Doe Lake.

This is on their facebook page

Thank you everyone for another great season.

Please note our winter hours:

October 31 to opening of snowmobile trails -Open by chance or by appointment 

Snowmobile Season -Open 8am to 5pm Thursday, Friday and Saturday

Thanks guys. Is the location I have (halfway between the hwy & lake) correct?

Thanks guys. Is the location I have (halfway between the hwy & lake) correct?

Correct yes, Thanks for all your updates,  I posted it online to someone who was looking for hotels/gas and distances and he commented to the site was amazing....

Correct yes, Thanks for all your updates,  I posted it online to someone who was looking for hotels/gas and distances and he commented to the site was amazing....

They're welcome. Nunz you've been travelling around a lot more than me this winter. if you have any comments, PM me. Even if you guys notice something during the "haul" it might help.

The GPS waypoint file is taking longer than I expected. Not sure when I'll post it online for downloading.

• 2 weeks later...

Working on a POI file & wondering what the status of the gas station/store (BBC Country Store) in Matthiasville on Hwy 188 is. (north of Housey's Rapids)

Anyone been thru here to say whether it's open or not?

• 2 weeks later...

They're welcome. Nunz you've been travelling around a lot more than me this winter. if you have any comments, PM me. Even if you guys notice something during the "haul" it might help.

The GPS waypoint file is taking longer than I expected. Not sure when I'll post it online for downloading.

The old Adrienne's in Huntsville gas station on Hwy 11 south which is now a Ultramar has a new Restaurant called the Bear's Den, looks very nice and clean and she was extremely nice, stopped in this morning and grabbed a coffee and a very delicious butter tart for breakfast.

• 2 months later...

From my travels today:

1) Sign @ the former Bancroft Crappy Tire gas bar says it will be reopening soon under new management. Looked like some work being done to convenience store.

2) It appears the Esso north of Birds Creek has been repaired. It was damaged when a pickup plowed into the north wall @ highway speeds.

3) Not sure what is going on further up the road @ Stop 62. Vehicles parked around the yard & the "open" sign was off. There was no signage in the large post by the highway (if there was any in the past).

3) Not sure what is going on further up the road @ Stop 62. Vehicles parked around the yard & the "open" sign was off. There was no signage in the large post by the highway (if there was any in the past).

We were by it on Friday and they were open for business. New sign was in place.

• 1 month later...

Esso in Carnarvon has been closed for about a week. Again. Hope it reopens before the trails get opened.

I was thru on 118 today & there was no price up on the sign. Didn't look too promising. Is it still closed?

The Esso station on Hwy. 62 north of the B106E Bird's Creek road crossing is still closed. A vehicle collided w/ the building causing structural damage last May. Does not look like much has been done since the incident (other than boarding up damaged wall).

Up to Algonquin last month & the reconstruction looks to be nearing completion. Anyone been thru Birds Creek recently?

Is there gas in Rosseau? I have a waypoint for a station on Hwy 141 & Cardwell Rd, but couldn't see anything passing thru. I'm towing a TT, so it's kind of hard to pull over & walk around.

Is there gas in Rosseau? I have a waypoint for a station on Hwy 141 & Cardwell Rd, but couldn't see anything passing thru. I'm towing a TT, so it's kind of hard to pull over & walk around.

it is gone . Nearest gas is in Bent river no trail anywhere near there 

What's the status of the gas station in Estaire? By the looks of the signage in May of 2012, it's no longer a Cango

attachicon.gifEstaire Gas.JPG

Must be gas in Estaire as out on Hwy 69 there is an MTO sign indicating "Estaire Fuels" at the exit.

• 2 months later...

Passed thru Canarvon on the way to Killbear last week. the "business" @ the SW corner of 35 & 118 appears to be shuttered. 

Can't see an update, but the gas station in Coe Hill has been reopen (quite a while ago).

From my travels today:

1) Sign @ the former Bancroft Crappy Tire gas bar says it will be reopening soon under new management. Looked like some work being done to convenience store.

2) It appears the Esso north of Birds Creek has been repaired. It was damaged when a pickup plowed into the north wall @ highway speeds.

1) The gas bar/convenience store by the Crappy Tire has reopened as a Petrocan.

2) The Esso north of Birds Creek has reopened for business.

• 4 weeks later...

I forgot to ask the D3 guys today @ the show, so here goes. Does anyone know the status of the Global gas station in Nestleton? The store is open, but the pumps have "no fuel" signs on them. Is this a temporary matter or have they stopped selling gas? I've heard that there supposed is a gasoline shortage due to a pipeline issue.

Archived