Throttle thumb

SRXChris

45 minutes ago, Doogirl69 said:

Hockey Gloves. :D

Unless your doing some serious bushwacking they might be a little overkill. 

My 1996 mach one with 44 mil carbs was a real bear on my thumb too.I turned throttle lever down alot and used more of my palm of my hand to ease my sore thumb.Lots of pressure on thumb translates into a cold thumb too.My new sled has a real easy throttle and you can flip it to fingers if you want.Also use muffs on cold days too.

On 12/18/2018 at 9:55 AM, soupkids said:

If you can get gloves that have a thin palm and heavier back they work great if you don't want to go the muff route.

I have a pair of Klim gloves. Two separate sections. One for warm weather and one for cold which is thinner.

4 hours ago, thetorches said:

I have a pair of Klim gloves. Two separate sections. One for warm weather and one for cold which is thinner.

They work well in conjunction with hand warmers as well - your brake level is usually colder than the throttle side of the handle bars so you adjust each glove differently.

1 hour ago, slomo said:

They work well in conjunction with hand warmers as well - your brake level is usually colder than the throttle side of the handle bars so you adjust each glove differently.

I have the muffs also. Love them when its cold.

Archived