Rumours

Bigfish

Well if you're thinking of a different (larger) venue, I guess they'll be moving it out of Peterborough. The 'Mem Centre' IS the largest facility in the city. Would the indoor facilities at the Lindsay Ex be suitable? Kind of a dumb spot since Lindsay isn`t exactly a well thought of community among snowmobilers. For whatever reason, Lindsay wasn`t on the CSRA schedule this winter.

Just a suspicion the venue might change. May not be this year but in the future....maybe

Funny you mention Lindsey as that is the one venue name that was thrown about.

Joe who ran the show was all about keeping it a reasonable family grass routes type. He wasn't interested in change and liked what he had going.

Kehoe on the other hand is all about the $$$

It would be a shame if they lost the outdoor swap meet or put too high a price on outdoor vendors to make it worth their while to be there.We went last year for the first time.Just looking for another carb for my wife's scorpion I scored a complete 440 Cuyuna for 20 bucks,which,after cleaning the points runs excellent.Perfect project motor for me and she has a perfect running sled too.

Kerry

I enjoyed the grass roots feel to the show (first time attending, last year). Tough to predict what impact it will have on the vendors. They'll be impacted most. 

I've been to sledarama several times, mainly for the outdoor swap meet.  There isn't a lot of swap meets in Ontario so hopefully they  keep it.  The inside displays are good, as well, but for me I go indoors mainly to warm up.

I forgot about the Evinrude Centre on Monaghan Rd. Its a twin pad but parking & room for the swap meet might be an issue.

On 2017-04-22 at 10:01 AM, revrnd said:

I forgot about the Evinrude Centre on Monaghan Rd. Its a twin pad but parking & room for the swap meet might be an issue.

Terrible idea.  I've been to a home show in that bldg and it was like shoving sardines in a can.  There is more space where they currently run it.

1 hour ago, signfan said:

Terrible idea.  I've been to a home show in that bldg and it was like shoving sardines in a can.  There is more space where they currently run it.

I should've added that the parking would definitely not be sufficient. I'd only been there when the nephew was playing minor hockey.

The best way to beat your competition is to buy them... 

Not going to get my hopes up that we will see this show continue....

Personally I prefer the grassroots type events vs Corporate shows....

19 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

X2

21 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

How true :(

• 2 weeks later...

Was talking to Joe (former owner) this afternoon and he said the new owners have signed a three year deal with the Memorial Centre to have the show remain there. 

I for one am glad to hear that. Just hope they don't raise prices to much, but I am sure they will go up some. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2017 at 4:51 PM, gsx6 said:

Was talking to Joe (former owner) this afternoon and he said the new owners have signed a three year deal with the Memorial Centre to have the show remain there. 

I for one am glad to hear that. Just hope they don't raise prices to much, but I am sure they will go up some. 

I spoke to Rich everything is to be the same 

Archived