ride to Arctic Cat Factory in Thief River Falls Minnesota

rws

334 mile (538 km) day.  Trails for the most part were pretty good.  Had a nice chat with 3 DNR people out monitoring the trails.

Sled%2001192017%20Mapsource_zps7yqz47co.

01_zpsh1e6clf2.jpg

02_zpsv932fkjm.jpg

03_zpsvemp2hb1.jpg

04_zpsaaocj02m.jpg

05_zps6ulunc23.jpg

06_zps3r59jf2r.jpg

07_zpsqiwubpqq.jpg

08_zps0tzp8vvm.jpg

09_zpsiskzxvmp.jpg

10_zpsiy9dsji8.jpg

11_zpsmwpp6gco.jpg

12_zpscqo8rnks.jpg

13_zpsagtgtt1m.jpg

14_zps4oimtaiy.jpg

14.5_zpsi47yh0du.jpg

15_zpsvt6semd8.jpg

16_zpsbmwxabrp.jpg

17_zpsn0wnimi6.jpg

18_zpshpuykkqz.jpg

19_zpsny7bc2jb.jpg

20_zpsujvvktyq.jpg

YouTube video

Very cool.  the pic with the Canada and US flag, is that anything significant? like border crossing or anything, or just due to how close it is to border?

Great pics and video!

Great stuff, thanks for sharing.  

3 hours ago, Sneaks said:

Very cool.  the pic with the Canada and US flag, is that anything significant? like border crossing or anything, or just due to how close it is to border?

It's at a bar/restaurant along a highway approximately 70 miles from the border....pictured in the background.  Lots of businesses close to the border have welcoming signs greeting Canadians.

That's a lot of cat crates! Cool pics and vid.

3 hours ago, Wimpy said:

That's a lot of cat crates! Cool pics and vid.

New 800's ready to ship.

Lots of parts shipping out. :)

my Thursday's ride makes article on ArcticInsider.com see this LINK

Well deserved recognition. Ride safely.

1 hour ago, rws said:

my Thursday's ride makes article on ArcticInsider.com see this LINK

This is the type of thing magazines like Snowtrax need to have more of and a lot less encouraging people to go off trail "freestyle". It seems those that read it don't know the difference between empty crown land and private property with stay on trail signs. Sorry I just heard about another situation where a club is trying hard to persuade the land owner to not close the trail thanks to people riding closed trails and going off trail

I'm guessing that the chassis stays the same. They still have the best front end of all sleds, they're tough, they got the skid to work well and finally have shocks and springs working. Why change it now that it works well?

Now, having said all that and really liking my trail sled I think they've fallen behind in the mountain category. I'm guessing a new mountain chassis and some more tweaks to the Procross. All speculation on my part.

Sorry for the highjack, Awesome ride!

On January 21, 2017 at 7:13 PM, 02Sled said:

This is the type of thing magazines like Snowtrax need to have more of and a lot less encouraging people to go off trail "freestyle". It seems those that read it don't know the difference between empty crown land and private property with stay on trail signs. Sorry I just heard about another situation where a club is trying hard to persuade the land owner to not close the trail thanks to people riding closed trails and going off trail

I personally think snowtrax is responsible for a lot of it...

Archived