New here and looking for people to ride with

09 MXZ

Trail 36 runs right through the Ed Centre parking lot on Cedar Lane. It's a stub trail, but could be somewhat convenient at times.

Maybe you could talk her into dropping you off at places between Lindsay and Bracebridge on the way to work, if she needs to use the tow vehicle at work.

If she doesn't need the vehicle while at work, perhaps you could borrow it while she's slaving away at the office, and drop your sled at nearby places.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Blake G said:

Trail 36 runs right through the Ed Centre parking lot on Cedar Lane. It's a stub trail, but could be somewhat convenient at times.

Maybe you could talk her into dropping you off at places between Lindsay and Bracebridge on the way to work, if she needs to use the tow vehicle at work.

If she doesn't need the vehicle while at work, perhaps you could borrow it while she's slaving away at the office, and drop your sled at nearby places.

She wont need the vehicle very often when at the office so I will be able to drop her off and check out some different places

We'll have to stay in touch, John. I like to take midweek day rides out of the Gravenhurst area.

sounds good..she also has option to go overnight every 2nd thursday/friday to North Bay for meetings so that could very well be where my season begins...

by the way...name is Andy..last name Johnston

44 minutes ago, johnsazzr said:

sounds good..she also has option to go overnight every 2nd thursday/friday to North Bay for meetings so that could very well be where my season begins...

Be fore warned. If you're riding with Blake he has an affinity for butter tarts. But then a number of us do. Me included 

47 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Be fore warned. If you're riding with Blake he has an affinity for butter tarts. But then a number of us do. Me included 

I've been trying to reduce, with limited success.

12 minutes ago, johnsazzr said:

amen hold the raisins

Blasphemer. You have to have raisins... It's the best type 

14 hours ago, johnsazzr said:

Keep me in mind as well, I am off every other Thursday and Friday and will happily join you guys anytime...all in the name of searching for butter tarts of course...

1 hour ago, Nunz said:

Keep me in mind as well, I am off every other Thursday and Friday and will happily join you guys anytime...all in the name of searching for butter tarts of course...

Once we get the season underway we will need a new topic for trailside butter tart stops and ratings of 1 to 5 stars

22 hours ago, Blake G said:

I've been trying to reduce, with limited success.

As are some more of us.If I can get a bunch of stuff done,I may be able to get in some weekday rides myself.That is something that I have never been able to do.

Now yer talkin', Barry!

On 10/30/2016 at 8:10 AM, catinental couch said:

Here is hoping I can get other people from putting their fingers in my time like they have been.

I'd like to put my finger in your time so we would meet each other on the trails.  

Would it not be a good idea to have a "Butter Tart" sled tour stopping everywhere to judge the tarts ?  I think I just heard a resounding yes.  Ok.  From where do we depart? On what date, at what time?

I am pretty sure I got my permit ordered. We will see if it comes in next week. Hopefully you may find me anywhere between Orillia and Carling on a fairly regular basis. Overnight or saddlebag trips will be spur of the moment plans. Weekend riding will be extremely limited.

46 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

I am pretty sure I got my permit ordered. We will see if it comes in next week. Hopefully you may find me anywhere between Orillia and Carling on a fairly regular basis. Overnight or saddlebag trips will be spur of the moment plans. Weekend riding will be extremely limited.

If your permit order was processed you would have gotten a confirmation email right away. You will also get one once it is shipped 

On 10/29/2016 at 9:53 AM, Nunz said:

We should plan the rides for Tuesdays and Wednesdays.  

12 hours ago, SlowTouringGuy said:

stopping everywhere to judge the tarts ? 

I think the restraining order may put a crink in this plan.....

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

If your permit order was processed you would have gotten a confirmation email right away. You will also get one once it is shipped 

I got the e-mail for confirmation but that is all and here it is 3 days later.

I ordered my permit Oct 30 and have only gotten the confirmation email, and on the ofsc website shows my permit as "in process" still.  

2 hours ago, catinental couch said:

I got the e-mail for confirmation but that is all and here it is 3 days later.

55 minutes ago, steve c said:

I ordered my permit Oct 30 and have only gotten the confirmation email, and on the ofsc website shows my permit as "in process" still.  

I ordered ours right at the beginning and got the email that the order had been processed immediately but it was about 5 days until I got the email saying it had been shipped. I suspect that it would be business days as well. The third party processor would have systems that would accept the order 24 X 7 and I am sure that they process for much more than just the OFSC but as for the actual fulfillment part, I doubt they operate outside of normal Monday to Friday business hours. I would also suspect that they would have a schedule where Monday 8 to noon they process fulfillment for customer A, noon to 4 customer B and then Tuesday 8 to noon OFSC. In a multi customer business it wouldn't be feasible to randomly keep switching around for fulfillment.

Archived