2015 HCSA Trail & Snow Conditions

We are getting some new snow here at Eagle from bout 4 pm on.

should improve things.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Livin' and the new directors are having a very positive impact on how the club does things. It's not just the grooming that is better this year. Keep up the good work it isn't going un-noticed. 

Livin' and the new directors are having a very positive impact on how the club does things. It's not just the grooming that is better this year. Keep up the good work it isn't going un-noticed. 

Things seem more peaceful over there someone is making a difference for sure too bad Quimby did not live to see it 

Things seem more peaceful over there someone is making a difference for sure too bad Quimby did not live to see it 

X2 for Quimby

What you see on the trails is the growing embryo of the Team concept and planning initiated a few years back and for 2014/2015, VP Livin' is the catylist taking HCSA's Team to the next level.  "Helmets Off" to Livin' for his gigantic volunteer time committment and contribution.  Flash your lights as an expression of appreciation when you ride past his digs somewhere on the B103. :icon_clapclap:

Let it :snow-141: :snow-141: :snow-141: !

Rode the B through Algonquin monday and tues this week, and was in great shape.  thanks.

As Livin' knows, my lights are always flashing :-)  Great job!!!

there is a groomer broken down on the b103 rail trail. It is north of Gelert cemetery. I went out to pick up operator at 4am groomer on trail signs are in place...USE CAUTION IN THIS AREA!! It's on a berm with water on both sides so not sure if it's passable. Will head out soon and clear. Will advise when done

LIVIN'

there is a groomer broken down on the b103 rail trail. It is north of Gelert cemetery. I went out to pick up operator at 4am groomer on trail signs are in place...USE CAUTION IN THIS AREA!! It's on a berm with water on both sides so not sure if it's passable. Will head out soon and clear. Will advise when done

LIVIN'

10:08 am - Just got word from Livin' -- Groomer is mobile and in process of being removed. Please use caution, men and equipment are in the area.

Hi all, thanks for noticing what's going on here this year, nice sunny day and -8, done working on club stuff today off for a ride!

LIVIN'

OK, here it is the busiest weekend of the season and all HCSA trails are listed available! Groomers out Wednesday and I rode a fair bit of the trails on Thursday and they were good. (if I do say so myself) Groomers out tonite, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday NIGHTS with a later than usual start time Saturday and Sunday to allow traffic to settle. Check out our website for details on the HCSA BBQ on the B103 trail.

LIVIN'

I've always said that I call it like I see it and last year I was very outspoken about the poor grooming and generally poor trail conditions for HCSA.

What a difference a year makes! Last year we had lots of snow and crappy trail conditions. This year we have had a marginal snow year that has just recently gotten back to normal snow levels and the trails have been consistently good all season.

Well done HCSA, it's good to see the positive turnaround that this club has done this year. Just goes to show what some new blood and a LOT of commitment can do.

Rode the B trail south and then east from Beech Lake.

Took club trail 11 west up to Haliburton Forest for breakfast and then continued west on 11 hooking back up to 11 south. 

My only criticism was that 11 was not marked where it forks on Big Hawk Lake.

Not a big deal as we found our way no problem.

Amazing trail system through this area imho. 

Geez, I've converted jrhz06 and gobills, my life's work is now complete! Thanks again for noticing the new direction HCSA is headed towards. It may be some new blood and ideas but the foundation was there and the older Directors and Volunteers just needed to be re-energized. bozskagg, we will look into the sign issue and resolve. Thanks for your input and anytime anyone sees something that could use some attention feel free to contact us via the website. hcsa.ca Don't bury me though! OK?

LIVIN'

Nothing to convert here. If the trails are good I say they're good and if they're bad I say they're bad. Only thing converted is the condition of the trails, for the better.

I rode the trails on a Sunday at end of jan! I exected the worst and planned to run the lakes! Trails were great for most part and what a difference from last time I rode the area (few years ago). Keep up the good work! Nice to see ox narrow route all marked again. Hopefully this route will be marked again even if trail 16 opens back up?

Trail 16 will remain closed this year due to logging, but we will be looking hard at a way to re-open next year.

LIVIN'

Just a heads up. On the B between the dump on Hawk Lake road and Hawk Lake there is a long hill and there are sections with open water, glare ice and refrozen ice chunks. Very odd that we would have open water and refrozen broken up sections with all this cold weather. The rest of the B is in great shape.

Just a heads up. On the B between the dump on Hawk Lake road and Hawk Lake there is a long hill and there are sections with open water, glare ice and refrozen ice chunks. Very odd that we would have open water and refrozen broken up sections with all this cold weather. The rest of the B is in great shape.

I appreciate the heads up.

probably a beaver.

Hey just a heads up for anyone who plans on riding the b 112 out of minden towards baysville. The first part is great the last part before the b trail is great, but the middle is horrible major moguls should be tagged as limited it's rough really rough.

Agreed, there is a section past the old # 2 trail to the rock face (past the Ansen Creeek bridge) that there is limited grooming due to a lack of turnaround. The tractor can't get up the rock face safely. we were hoping to have a solution last week but it did not happen, we will be out Monday to find a turnaround closer to the rock face but there will still be a KM or so that cant be groomed?? While we're at it the Whitney run wasn't done last nite due to a busted groomer, the trail was still in good shape as of yesterday and the groomer will be out tonite.

LIVIN'

I guess it's getting to the point you dont have to ask about haliburton conditions.

Ran from whitney to baysville and the hydro line is as good as I've ever seen it. The B from pine springs to msr was also excellent. Been riding these trails for over 20 years.

Hats off to hcsa

Archived