• I agree with you. I wouldnt hire a sub trade that didnt have it just for the liability. I have a few local companies that hire me regardless, but I have done work for them as long as they have been around. It's also infrequent. No real loss to me if they didnt. Most others get around it by simply recommending me as a hire to theyre customers.  My government contracts are simple once a year late fall jobs that have been in place for 30 years or more. I just hand it to the wife to cover all the Xmas expenses. lol
    • Sounds like someone is not doing their due diligence.....all people you hire are expected to have it, but not all will ask about it. Typically in order to get paid, you need to show proof, if it was not asked as part of the start up process. You used to be able to wrap your WSIB coverage around subs, but that changed and became a liability. Honestly, I am not sure I would hire anyone to work for me without it or COI.....in case something happens to avoid coming back after me/the client.
    • I got mine yesterday also.  I like the measuring cup.     Will I use the stuff?  I am sure if I have a fire it was mixed in that tank!
    • They come at us from all angles wanting a piece of what we earn. I accept that I have to pay taxes on everything I buy new, but cmon. I paid tax to buy it and they want me to pay tax to sell it, and tax the buyer.  WSIB??? WTF. The government opens up a private business and uses it's big bully stick to tell me I gotta pay up? If you want to act like the mob then atleast have the balls to come collect like the mob. Until then, piss off. I have my own insurance. Then they tell companies they cant subcontract to anyone that doesnt carry wsib. Yet every year I get paid by the federal and provincial government for my services and carry no wsib. I guess the rules dont apply to them.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    J-Rock