Snowing again!

wannago

We couldn't have picked a better week to spend at the cottage, trails have been exceptional and there is plenty of snow. Snowing again today.

We noticed on our ride last night that the old d123 heading down to Jacks Lake is open again and marked as alternate lake trail? Has anyone ridden it yet?

th_fb2006af.jpg

I heard at the poker run that it was opened again. The swamp is frozen enough for the groomer to go over it. There still not using the bridge.

Yes... I have been told the same thing...it is open as long as is safe.....but haven't been on it yet. Maybe see you on the trails over the next few days Shari!!!

Snowing hard here in Bracebridge and they just issued a snowfall warning :icon_hyper:

Snowing hard here in Bracebridge and they just issued a snowfall warning :icon_hyper:

:drool-1::icon_photo::hyper::icon_snow::icon_goodpost:

Dam you stole our snow again. Had a snowfall warning for the last 12 hrs and now this happens. Sleds are in trailer ready to head up on Tuesday.

Lots more snow north of Huntsville! Just drove up from Barrie...snow getss heavier as you drive further north!!! WHOOOHOOOO!

rode the 123 yesterday. at jacks lake the bridge is out, but there is a short staked lake trail around it.

What a ride today, d123 (took the lake trail and it was great), D123 was freshly groomed all the way to 306. 306 into Sundridge was awful, in desparate need of a grooming, imagine they will get to it tonight. Stopped at the Blue Roof restaurant in Sundridge for lunch, pretty much blizzard conditions, it was awesome! Headed to Magnetewan on the C104d, again freshly groomed with about foot of fresh snow on top. 711 from Magnetwan to Sprucedale, Seguin back to D123 and home. 185 k for the day and only one trail was less than perfect. Even the Seguin had been freshly groomed. What a great day and so much snow!

Dragging the sled out and headed for Blue Mountain area.

Go to karney. My two cents.

went on quite a journey last night. Started at club house, rode the C up to Midland,, got a tad lost, ended up on Vic Harbour in the dead of darkness, no signage, nothing, need to make a complaint on that one for sure. Back on C trail, got lost again due to poor signage again, (or major lack of signage) finally made it back to club house in the weeee hours of this morning. At least my brother has the ITG downloaded on his phone.

Overall, the trails were great as they were not groomed and only had a few sleds prior to us.

went on quite a journey last night. Started at club house, rode the C up to Midland,, got a tad lost, ended up on Vic Harbour in the dead of darkness, no signage, nothing, need to make a complaint on that one for sure. Back on C trail, got lost again due to poor signage again, (or major lack of signage) finally made it back to club house in the weeee hours of this morning. At least my brother has the ITG downloaded on his phone.

Overall, the trails were great as they were not groomed and only had a few sleds prior to us.

glad to hear you got out on local trails...that couldn't have been our signage dept...

glad to hear you got out on local trails...that couldn't have been our signage dept...

You are so right on that one.

It was GBSR, and the 4 of us were shocked that the trails were in such great condtion.

Archived