C101F from Dalton to Dubreuilville

yamataz

Great stuff guys,thanks to Luc,revrnd and AC+YA and anyone else who chimed in with info.

Luc is Dog Lake staked.I can't remember if you had reported that earlier.

Yes, and most of the slush was gone last sunday.

Your welcome, CC. I figure the more help you can offer, works out later when planning trips.

Just got back from the loop Dub to Dub. (Hornepayne,Hearst,Kap,SRF,Cochrane,Timmins,Foleyet,Chapleau,Missanabie)

The trails that are much more work......... F trail between Missanabie and Dalton (rough so go slow) The rest fast to Chapleau

(also watch for the hill the groomer got stuck on last Thursday night not far from Dog Lake west side)

C101F between Chapleau and Foleyet (better north towards Timmins)

The rest of the trails all the way around the loop are fast and easy going. For this reason I suggest running East to Timmins first and then the workout is done. Longer trips it does not matter, but we did it in 3 days and the last day was Timmins to Dub. 8:00am to 6:00pm (300+ miles) and it was a workout. Wolves had just taken a moose down just east of Dalton railroad crossing on the edge of the trail.

All great riding!

thinkin of tryin this loop...but startin & endin in iroquois falls...maybe spend day a canyon too...

thinkin of tryin this loop...but startin & endin in iroquois falls...maybe spend day a canyon too...

Wish I would have had another day because I missed the canyon.

If it weren't for the 2 1/2 days efforts of Luc, 6 - 8 guys and 2 grooming units punching open the F Trail from Missanabie to Dalton - there wouldn't be one, PERIOD! This alone cost the club nearly $4000 and yes that trip puts the the rest of the club trails in jepordary in case something were to happen. Just wish someone like Luc would put themselves out that much to at least try to punch open the F from Flame Lake to Aubrey Falls to meet up open trails on the south end.

Talk to the Ministry of Tourism. They like to promote the thousands of kms of interconnected trails across the province. Those clowns don't have a clue what is involved w/ trail building. "We give you guys 3 million bucks a year, what more do you want?"

I will be off line until Feb 21 2012 when we are back from our trip.We will let you know our mileages,accomodations,trail conditions,weather,etc.I am not much with a camera but we will see how it goes.

Happy Sledding

Have fun!

I will be off line until Feb 21 2012 when we are back from our trip.We will let you know our mileages,accomodations,trail conditions,weather,etc.I am not much with a camera but we will see how it goes.

Happy Sledding

Have a great trip!

Happy Sledding

10 daze of sleddin....you lucky duck...have a great trip

Archived